PG Music Home
As per the new install from minutes ago... Band-in-a-Box 2021 Build 840 is available: This includes DAW Plugin 3.7.23.

https://dl11.pgmusic.com/support/patch/bb2021_win_update_build840.exe
---------------
This install got hung when it tried to install the DAW Plugin 3.7.23 portion. Warning message said ~ " ...file is open in Reaper ... select auto close...". Since Reaper was not running, I selected to auto close the file. However, it responded with a warning ~ "..cannot close the file". All I could then due was close the install.
Hello MusicStudent,

It may be worthwhile to try rebooting your computer so that you're sure there are no background processes are running from open/previously opened programs, then try running the installer one more time before opening any other programs or windows. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let us know!
FYI, I was able to install this build, and the VST, just now with no difficulty.
Likewise, my installation went smoothly.
All is good after a reboot and second attempt at installing. Just thought it was worth mentioning since a BIAB-VST file was apparently held up by a prior use within Reaper.
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
All is good after a reboot and second attempt at installing. Just thought it was worth mentioning since a BIAB-VST file was apparently held up by a prior use within Reaper.

Right, all instances of Band-in-a-Box must be closed while installing the updates. Good catch!
© PG Music Forums