PG Music Home
We've had thing issue before. If I mute the soloist guitar in the the first 8 bars, sounds great in BIAB. Then I use the bar settings to unmute the soloist, again - sound great in BIAB. However, when I render to WAV, the soloist (Guitar) is not to be heard.

We've had this before, as I said and there was a fix for that. The fix has disappeared.

Can someone duplicate this issue, please?

Thanks in advance!
Mike, can you add the letters '.txt' to the song file name (e.g. MySong.mgu.txt'), and use File Manager to attach it to a post. Someone here could review and hopefully come up with some suggestions.

I tried your suggestion and got the opposite. I muted the soloist for the first 8 bars. The song played as expected, but when I dragged the Master to the wav section of the drop-zone, the resulting wav file played the soloist for all bars. In other words, the Muting function did not work at all in the export.

Are you running Build 840?

Attached is my test. Remove the .txt extension

Attached File
TestSoloistMute.MGU.txt  (4 downloads)
Attached picture 2021-08-03_17-03-58.jpg
Ya, this one has been reported in the beta forum by others and should be getting much needed attention. crazy
Hello Mike,
this bug was present in build 822 and was fixed in build 823

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=89006&Number=644593#Post644593
An additional annotation: it seems that the error is only present using Realtracks. MIDI-Tracks are O.K.
Just tested backwards with build 825 (next official patch following 823 which was a beta. All works fine. The reincarnation of the error takes place somewhere on the way to build 840.
Originally Posted By: saxgh
Just tested backwards with build 825 (next official patch following 823 which was a beta. All works fine. The reincarnation of the error takes place somewhere on the way to build 840.

Yep - I did the same test. And you are right!

Vielen Dank, auch!!!

Thank you!
Originally Posted By: saxgh

So it appears to be another item that worked, then was broken, then got fixed, and then broke again?
I believe saxgh pinpointed version. 838 was ok., So I guess started with patch 839.

Crazy glue?
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

I tried your suggestion and got the opposite. I muted the soloist for the first 8 bars. The song played as expected, but when I dragged the Master to the wav section of the drop-zone, the resulting wav file played the soloist for all bars. In other words, the Muting function did not work at all in the export.

We were able to reproduce this bug and have reported it to the development team.

MikeK, just to confirm that we are following your steps correctly in your original post, do you mean you had the Soloist muted, decided to unmute it so that it is playing throughout, then Render? Or did you want the Soloist muted only for the first 8 bars, then start playing, like what VideoTrack had done?
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

We were able to reproduce this bug and have reported it to the development team.

MikeK, just to confirm that we are following your steps correctly in your original post, do you mean you had the Soloist muted, decided to unmute it so that it is playing throughout, then Render? Or did you want the Soloist muted only for the first 8 bars, then start playing, like what VideoTrack had done?

Chantelle, the latter.

Thanks!
Quote:
Chantelle, the latter.

Well that clears that up. Can't tell you how many folks were confused on this item. grin
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music

Thanks Chantelle. I also had reported it, so hopefully they will implement a fix soon.
Just wondering if this is in the works and when the next build might come out.

Not being impatient ... just wondering smile

Thanks!
Mike

I understand that this has been fixed for the next build release, but I cannot say when it will become available, only to say that it has been identified and resolved for the next release.

Probably/hopefully not too far away.
Thanks, VT smile
© PG Music Forums