PG Music Home
Notation does not sync up with audio in save as video function.

any suggestions, working in BB 2021
Welcome to the forums Luke! In the main Band-in-a-Box program. Please go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box. Afterwards, near the top of that window, it will have Version 20xx and a number in brackets - what is that number?
Luke has not responded, but I would like to jump in here because I have the same problem.

Using BiaB Version 2021 (842) 64 bit on Windows 10 Pro with all the latest MSFT patches.

I have tried all the solutions mentioned in this forum, but the audio is way out of synch with the video. As a consequence, the lyrics and notation on the screen do not keep up with the audio... and that is super annoying.

I have experimented with different frame rates and codecs. I've also tried MP4 conversions of the AVI file with Handbrake. Nothing seems to work.

One forum member suggested video editing, and I certainly could do that, but I'd rather have the audio and video synched up from the start, rather than have to mess around with it.

It seems that this problem has been around for a while, so the fix may be difficult or elusive. Nevertheless, I would be happy to help you solve it in whatever way that I can. My reason for offering help is purely selfish: I need this functionality to put my songs up on YouTube! Yes, there are workarounds, but I would prefer not to go that route.
This issue does not seem to be reproducible on my computer (so far).

Debitspread, had you tried going to Options | Return to Factory Settings?
I gave up on this quite a while back, as every video that was made was not in sync with the audio. Posting here in the forums got me lots of responses of yes, you have to fix it yourself in editing the video. I never really tried that and have not made a video since.
What program are you guys opening the video with? I tested this just now - VLC does not play the file in sync, while Windows Media Player does.
I've had this problem before but got it resolved.
That said, it was only on one of my machines (a laptop) so that's what I use when I need a video.

Along the way, there'll be a couple of threads here on the Forum that gave me lots of help.
To summarize a few things:
- be sure to close the main BIAB window, either before running the "make a video" feature or after the video is made but before you play it (don't remember which)
- play around with the "scroll ahead" feature and see if that helps
- and most of all, what finally worked for me, directly from Peter Gannon:
(do this before creating the video)

Lloyd,
Try using the small main toolbar (Ctrl T) will switch it to that. Let me know if that fixes the video issues.

+++

Peter:

I tried Ctrl T as you suggested.
It now works perfectly!

My videos now work perfectly every time but with the above caveat.
Good luck!
LLOYD S
YAY, TEAM!

Many, many thanks, Chantelle. You get today's GOLD STAR!

Your suggestion must have blown the crud out of my installation, because "Return to Factory Settings" fixed the problem.

For anyone who would like to see the end result: You are invited to see the short YouTube video of my new song "Names".

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/Kzkm6GNFBh0
Thanks, Simon.

After returning to Factory Settings, I was able to play my AVI file successfully in both VLC and Windows Media Player.

So, bottom line: Good news all the way around!
I feel your pain, etcjoe!

Try the "Options > Return to Factory Settings" approach.

After doing that, my AVI's audio and video were in synch.
Thanks, Lloyd. As you may have seen from my other posts, the problem has been fixed.

I had seen (and tried) that tip about closing the window, and also the one about Control T, but -- ironically -- I didn't have to use either of those techniques after clicking on "Options > Return to Factory Settings"

That seems to have done the trick, and nothing else was required... thank goodness.
Originally Posted By: debitspread

That seems to have done the trick, and nothing else was required... thank goodness.

Glad to hear it worked for you! smile
© PG Music Forums