PG Music Home
Posted By: Boots49 Regenerate on Play - 08/23/21 03:48 AM
Hi All!
I have read that, unless it is turned off, all tracks will automatically regenerate when you hit Play (except frozen tracks). I am pretty sure, in looking at different menus I have seen this feature and it was checked. Now, as I would like to uncheck it, for the life of me, I cannot find it. Could someone point me to the right menu?
Thanks all
Posted By: Brille Re: Regenerate on Play - 08/23/21 06:48 AM
Hello Boots49.
Band in a Box has two "Play" buttons, one labeled "Play" and one labeled "Generate and Play". The context sensitive help (hover over the button) explains the difference (see image). So nothing has to be changed in the settings or menus.

Attached picture play.png
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: Regenerate on Play - 08/23/21 11:03 AM
The above image shows what the "play" and "generate and play" looks like in the old classic view. Here is another screenshot of what the "generate and play" button looks like in the newer modern view:

Attached picture regenerate_modern_view.png
Posted By: Boots49 Re: Regenerate on Play - 08/28/21 02:11 AM
Hi Brille,
Thanks so much for the reply! I am familiar with the Play and the Generate and Play buttons. I guess I may be mis-remembering. I was certain that I read about, and even saw a check box in one of the menus, where it would automatically generate the real tracks when you just clicked Play (not Generate & Play), and you could un-check the box, so it would not do that. If that is not a thing, then I must have not gotten that right. Thanks anyway!
Posted By: Boots49 Re: Regenerate on Play - 08/28/21 02:12 AM
Hi Chantelle,
Thanks so much for the reply! I am familiar with the Play and the Generate and Play buttons. I guess I may be mis-remembering. I was certain that I read about, and even saw a check box in one of the menus, where it would automatically generate the real tracks when you just clicked Play (not Generate & Play), and you could un-check the box, so it would not do that. If that is not a thing, then I must have not gotten that right. Thanks anyway!
© PG Music Forums