PG Music Home
When loading a midi file into BB, it puts all the tracks into the Melody track. How can I separate the individual midi tracks? - Thanks
There are a few things one can do with a MIDI file inside BiaB but it si limited. Locate and Hit the big round green "SEQ" toolar button to view that window. Here you can mute a track or two, change patch, simple stuff like that.

But if you want to see all the tracks as in a MIDI sequencing software, you should use a true MIDI sequencing software like RealBand, Powertracks or what have you for serious editing on that MIDi file.

--Mac
Thanks, Mac. It looks like I can separate and bounce tracks between the Melody and Soloist tracks, which helps a lot with what I'm trying to accomplish.

I've been using Cakewalk Sonar for MIDI processing. As you know some songs have a unique bass line, drum pattern or other distinctive feature. It would be helpful to be able to simply load those pre-recorded audio (MIDI) sequences into BiaB and build a background around them using BiaB's excellent sounds and styles.
Quote:

It would be helpful to be able to simply load those pre-recorded audio (MIDI) sequences into BiaB and build a background around them using BiaB's excellent sounds and styles.

Check out the MIDI Style Wizard. It can streamline the making of a new Style file for BiaB from a Standard MIDi file you've loaded.

--Mac
Sometime you can load the midi and built the song file around it using a style that fits well, then go back and delete everything but the midi part that gives it the distinctive sound.

I did this last year for the old Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville, it needed the signature sounds in the opening that make it so unique. I kep those tracks on a couple places like the solo and melody tracks and built the rest with a style that was appropriate. It worked very well.
© PG Music Forums