PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# RT main (big) picker question. - 08/25/21 02:53 PM
Hi Folks.
Before I head over to wishlist, can somebody please tell me if the feature is available.
Assume I need an RT guitar... even feel. So I type "guitar" in picker. Now I need EV feel. So I sort by that, clicking "Feel" on the top of picker. Now I need right tempo within EV feel... But of course when I press to sort by tempo, EV/Swing get mixed up.

Is it possible to sort columns "a"->"b" or it is only: "a" OR "b"?

Thank you.
Posted By: MarioD Re: RT main (big) picker question. - 08/25/21 03:39 PM
When replacing an RT I get the identical results as you did. In other words you can not sort by both columns, it is either or. You either sort by tempo or you sort by feel.

It is different in the style picker as one can sort by both. Thus you can sort by feel and tempo.

I will +1 you when you post it.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RT main (big) picker question. - 08/25/21 03:43 PM
Mario is correct.

Band-in-a-Box for Windows sorts one column at a time. Over the years several users have requested a feature like you describe in the Wishlist forum section.

I believe "nested sorting", "multilevel sorting" and "hierarchical sorting" are all different spread sheet names for the feature you describe.

I prefer bumping prior requests to creating new ones. That presents a clearer picture to PG Music about how long a feature has been requested and how much support the request received. However, because many people don't give the feature they desire a proper name it might be difficult to search previous posts about this feature to give them a bump.

Bump an old request or make a new one and I'll gladly support it.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: RT main (big) picker question. - 08/25/21 08:31 PM
Mario, Jim,
Thanks for confirming!

--
Jim, can't find a thread to bump. Tried "Sorting" / "Picker" in subject of wishlist section, nothing relevant. There was a fairly recent request.. on filtering by JJJ, but a bit different request. I will post new request before the week end.
© PG Music Forums