PG Music Home
OK I have the very latest version of BIAB which cost a small fortune. I have been writing and using Midi files since the Atari ST and then Windows PC's Most of my stuff was created using Cubase and Cakewalk. So when I read that O could create styles based on midi I decided to go the who hog and buy BIAB Audiophile 2021 and then added all the updates.
Here I am trying to make styles which rarely work. I thought it might just be something I had in my own Midi Files, so I tried using some Tune 1000 files from Roland/EMI and the same thing happens I load the file and then save as a .sty then I try to play the existing midi and the program hangs and hangs until I force shutdown with Windows Task Manager. As you can imagine I am not a happy bunny. I spent many years creating my own midi files and I thought in my retirement I would go back to writing songs by using what effectively are styles I created albeit in midi of my own original songs. PG is there a fix for this problem.
Firstly, Welcome to the neighborhood.

I've read your thread several times, and am still trying to work out where the problem might lie.

Can you explain the detailed steps of making your own styles? That might be helpful, esp. to the PG Music team.

Perhaps we can repeat the issue, or identify where it may occur. When BiaB crashes, does it produce a detailed crash log?
Kenn, can you try running Band-in-a-Box as an administrator? Close Band-in-a-Box then right click on the Band-in-a-Box shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator" - see if that helps.
© PG Music Forums