Am I wrong in the steps
How to lock the chord after writing it
Or did I press any key and have any bad habits
Do you have a solution?
thank you

Attached picture 2021-09-23_083245.jpg
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The last chord disappears - 09/22/21 10:12 PM
Hello swingbabymix!

What version year of the program are you using? When you go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box what is the 3 digit number in brackets next to the version year? The chords should just be sticking when you typed them in, unless you've typed an unrecognized chord, which C definitely is recognized by the program. So that likely isn't the issue. Also, have you tried going to Options | Return to Factory Settings | Return MOST?
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/22/21 10:29 PM
Ember - PG 音乐

I'm the latest version.
But I do lose it easily. I guess it's because you're typing chords.
Many playback software is blank space
When I finish typing chords, the space plays
Will be automatically deleted? I haven't found the reason yet
I remember sometimes it disappears without pressing the space.
Can we make input a better way
Or design a lock, which will be locked after input, so that the keyboard cannot control writing
If you want to write, open the lock
Do you think so?
Posted By: MikeK Re: The last chord disappears - 09/22/21 11:41 PM
I cannot duplicate this. Works fine for me!

That's in BIAB!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The last chord disappears - 09/22/21 11:47 PM
I tried multiple times and multiple different ways, and could not duplicate.
Posted By: MikeK Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 12:00 AM
Begs the question: is it a particular style or all?

I tried a multitude. No issues.
Posted By: MikeK Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 12:17 AM
It's either user error or a re-install is needed. We have never encountered this particular issue.

Tried more styles, all work fine with the 4th ending in C, or any other chord for that matter.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 12:24 AM
MikeK:

But I often appear. Maybe I'm used to hit keyboard space?
Anyway, I think it's better to put a lock on the chord.
It means to lock the keyboard input. Because VST is different from the main program, VST needs to work with other software. It is prone to problems. For example, pressing the keyboard will affect the chord input of BIAB
It would be good to lock it at this time.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 02:00 AM
I tried it with BiaB, not the VST. I could not even trick it to lose that last chord by typing: C<space>
I tried many different ways.

Perhaps it is an issue with the VST, (although the O/P mentioned both VST and BiaB)?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 02:04 AM
Thinking further... I wonder if the O/P is using a different keyboard layout, i.e. not QWERTY?
It may be sending different key-codes at times.

Also, what is the native language of the computer set to? Some keyboard translations might be taking place.

I think if this was occurring more widespread, that many users would have picked it up and reported it by now.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 03:24 AM
VideoTrack:

My keyboard is normal.
Because BIAB is keyboard input, but in DAW, we need to operate a lot of software. Unintentionally will definitely hit the keyboard, which may cause errors.
The solution is simple, add a lock.

Finally, share a modern music production video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_9zYei1Rvo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_9zYei1Rvo
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 05:04 AM
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
VideoTrack:

My keyboard is normal.
Because BIAB is keyboard input, but in DAW, we need to operate a lot of software. Unintentionally will definitely hit the keyboard, which may cause errors.
The solution is simple, add a lock.

Tell us more about how the lock works. How is it activated / deactivated, exactly when should it be used, etc?
Several of us could not reproduce the issue you have identified, that's why I'm trying to determine some other external cause.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 05:13 AM
What DAW are you having this problem in ?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 05:20 AM
do you click out of the bar where you typed the last chord?
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 09:15 AM
Just stop the keyboard from affecting BIAB. Lock the chord input position.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 09:15 AM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

STUDIO ONE
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 09:17 AM
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
do you click out of the bar where you typed the last chord?

After I input it, I won’t move, so the checkbox will definitely stay at the last chord. This should be the cause of the disappearance.

But if you don’t put the selection box at the last
So where should I click? There is no completion button either. grin
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 09:34 AM
Juste entrée. Passer à la case suivante pour valider la saisie.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 10:07 AM
Chords will disappear if they are entered in a way that is not recognized by Band-in-a-Box. Do you think you could be making a typo when entering the C? The X key and the V key are right beside the C key on the keyboard and if they are accidentally entered before or after the C then the chord will disappear.

Also, in the plugin please go to File | About. What is the version number listed there?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 10:27 AM
Politely, I've mentioned before that I don't think this is a program error. I'm not in any way defending the program itself, but I still think that is the case.

Being advised by the O/P (previously) that the O/P has 'the latest version' is not the correct answer to the information that has been requested. Which latest version? The one the O/P is using or the one I am using?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 05:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Pipeline

STUDIO ONE

The only thing that can remove chord is Del or backspace key.
Studio One will not send spacebar key to VST.
Will it do the same in FL Studio ?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 07:22 PM
I'll have to check it but I've still got a sneaking suspicion that if you don't click out of the current bar with the latest chord BIAB doesn't 'take in' the chord you just entered. moving on to the next bar even if you don't enter anything 'registers' the chord. i will check tomorrow.

its such a weird problem that it has to be something simple - as Videotrack says its not likely to be program related
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 09:41 PM
It may have something to do with the
BB VST CHORD Copy move error
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The last chord disappears - 09/23/21 11:36 PM
I tried every way I could think of the trick including typing C<space>. It held on to the C chord and started playing the song. I didn't try the VST, only BiaB, but the O/P had mentioned:
Quote:
This has happened many times, whether VST or BIAB main program

I'm not sure if that statement is totally correct.
Posted By: mbsmike Re: The last chord disappears - 09/24/21 01:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
I'll have to check it but I've still got a sneaking suspicion that if you don't click out of the current bar with the latest chord BIAB doesn't 'take in' the chord you just entered. moving on to the next bar even if you don't enter anything 'registers' the chord. i will check tomorrow.

its such a weird problem that it has to be something simple - as Videotrack says its not likely to be program related

This has been my experience. Must click out or hit enter or chord does not hold.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The last chord disappears - 09/24/21 05:43 PM
Ember - PG 音乐

I'm the latest version.
But I do lose it easily. I guess it's because you're typing chords.
Many playback software is blank space
When I finish typing chords, the space plays
Will be automatically deleted? I haven't found the reason yet
I remember sometimes it disappears without pressing the space.
Can we make input a better way
Or design a lock, which will be locked after input, so that the keyboard cannot control writing
If you want to write, open the lock
Do you think so?

Just out of curiosity, have you tried reinstalling the latest patch?

If not, here is the most recently released patch to the public:

https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#842

I mention this only because when there's strange behaviour sometimes a reset to factory defaults for the program or a reinstall of the same patch can fix the issue. Based on what I know of the program though, chords typically don't vanish unless it's an entry error of some kind - so that does make this problem a bit perplexing. However, when there's a corrupted file somewhere Band-in-a-Box can have strange behaviour that doesn't line up with what we typically expect from program behaviour, so just having confirmation that this step has been taken is useful. A foreign keyboard has been ruled out, so that's good. You mentioned using Studio One as your DAW that you are using the plugin in - what version of Studio One are you using in specific? I can see if someone on our team has the same version and can test it for the same behaviour. Also, when you are finished entering the chords, are you hitting the space key, the enter key, tab key, are you clicking outside of the cell when you're done, etc, or are you just manually pressing the play button on the GUI?
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: The last chord disappears - 09/24/21 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: mbsmike
Must click out or hit enter or chord does not hold.

That's a common behaviour for a great many entry systems. On most such systems, the tab key also usually works and after not too long one does one of these things so automatically that one doesn't even notice.

I now pretty much presume that any cell-entry system like these will accept tab as "I'm complete here". Spreadsheets, web pages, etc..
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The last chord disappears - 09/24/21 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
Originally Posted By: mbsmike
Must click out or hit enter or chord does not hold.

That's a common behaviour for a great many entry systems. On most such systems, the tab key also usually works and after not too long one does one of these things so automatically that one doesn't even notice.

I now pretty much presume that any cell-entry system like these will accept tab as "I'm complete here". Spreadsheets, web pages, etc..

Leaving the latest cell I entered information into active in the plugin and not using enter or clicking away from it didn't drop the chord for me - it stayed.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/24/21 11:32 PM
Ember - PG 音乐

MY STUDIO ONE IS 5.4

BB VST chord disappearance problem, not often
But the problem of chord movement often occurs.

download video
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=18380&filename=Chord.mp4

See the link below

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674498#Post674498
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: The last chord disappears - 09/25/21 01:35 AM
Thanks for the video, which shows an issue when using the plugin.

Previously, you mentioned in this thread:
Quote:
This has happened many times, whether VST or BIAB main program

Could you please post a video of it doing the same issue in the BiaB main program? That's the one I'm interested in because after you reported it I spent a lot of time trying to find this problem in BiaB. But so far could not, so I need to see your exact workflow by viewing a video you supply.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The last chord disappears - 09/25/21 06:03 PM
I think it's all tied in together with other disappearing or moving chords when selecting from the left or selecting from the right and ctrl+c

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674799

Attached picture BiabVST-The-Disappearing-Chord.gif
Attached picture BiabVST-Chord-Copy2.gif
Posted By: DrDan Re: The last chord disappears - 09/25/21 07:24 PM
I can not duplicate any of this odd behavior in either the BIAB-VST standalone or with the BIAB-VST in Reaper. Copy and Paste of chords is flawless in the 15 minutes of trials I just performed.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The last chord disappears - 09/25/21 08:20 PM
Ember - PG 音乐

MY STUDIO ONE IS 5.4

BB VST chord disappearance problem, not often
But the problem of chord movement often occurs.

download video
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=18380&filename=Chord.mp4

See the link below

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674498#Post674498

To clarify, are you having this issue in the Windows version or the Mac version? I know we're in the Windows subforum, but I can't duplicate this behavior on Windows at all but can every time on Mac, even in the standalone plugin of the same version as you (3.9.12). Or, on the off chance, is it a Windows version run through Parallels or Boot Camp or something similar on a Mac?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The last chord disappears - 09/25/21 08:35 PM
more, 3.9.12 & 3.9.9

Attached picture BiabVST-The-Disappearing-Chord2.gif
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The last chord disappears - 09/25/21 08:40 PM
old version:

Attached picture BiabVST-The-Disappearing-Chord3.gif
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: The last chord disappears - 09/25/21 10:33 PM
All problems appear in the new version.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: The last chord disappears - 09/28/21 04:36 PM
I'll go ahead and report this to the developers. They might already know about it, but can't hurt for me to pass it along. If they have any advice or recommendations, I'll return and post it here.
© PG Music Forums