PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Weird Faint Midi Ghost Sound in BIAB - 10/14/21 12:43 PM

When I open BIAB now I hear a really weird ghostly midi sound, very faint, like a discordant piano riff,

Boop, boop, baad oop...Boop, boop, baad oop..

Don't laugh, it is in my headphones and I am not smoking anything.

Has anyone else heard this??

Just started today as far as I can tell. It stops when I close BIAB.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Weird Faint Midi Ghost Sound in BIAB - 10/14/21 01:00 PM
It IS pretty close to Halloween...
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Weird Faint Midi Ghost Sound in BIAB - 10/14/21 01:07 PM
And April Fool’s was awhile ago …

David, are you saying it’s continuously repeating?

And how do you know it’s MIDI?
Is this continue to happen if you make a new song project? Does it help if you try re-generating your tracks? Also what build are you on? You can check for this by going to Help | About Band-in-a-Box, it is the number in brackets after the version year.

Well y'all, I fixed it but it was weird.

It was loading a Violin KS (I think it is from the BIAB collection) and running these really rapid, super low velocity piano riffs. I could see the piano keys moving wildly. And just a faint, faint sound.

So I set the slot to empty on the SFZ, BIAB froze. I shut it down in task manager, opened it, did it again, and now it has gone away.

Super weird.

I also got a message on opening BIAB a few sessions ago I could not replicate. One of those yellow box messages. It said:

"You have exceeded the number of plugins based on your last save......" Or something like that....

I could not screen save it before it went away.

What the....

Attached picture midi activity1.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Weird Faint Midi Ghost Sound in BIAB - 10/14/21 02:22 PM
Sunspots.

Yes, that is the only intelligent answer.
© PG Music Forums