PG Music Home
Posted By: royj BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/18/21 07:33 AM
Good day - I have just updated Biab to Build 844 and the app crashes to desktop immediately on opening (Win 10 being used). Build 842 worked fine and RealBand Build 9 still works 100% (as do other apps on my laptop). Has anyone perhaps experienced this and is their a solution? (I have reinstalled it without success). Rgds & thanks, Roy
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/18/21 07:58 AM
Hi Roy.

I think you should contact PG Music support directly on this. They can possibly remotely access your system and help diagnose and resolve.

I'm not aware of anyone else enduring this problem as you described. I'm sure they will work with you to resolved your issue.
Posted By: royj Re: BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/18/21 08:06 AM
Thanks for that advice - I have just done that. It seems as if it may have something to do with the activation code and I have sent them the S/N etc. I am sure they will resolve it. Regards.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/18/21 10:06 AM
Thanks for the reply. Do keep us users informed of how you resolved. This can be useful to assist others in the future.
Hi royj, if it does have to do with your activation we will get to your email soon and see if there is an issue with your serial number. In case if anyone else who sees this thread has a similar issue where if you have click on your Band-in-a-Box program shortcut (bbw.exe or bbw64.exe) and the program won't load, usually these steps help:

1. Open your Windows Task Manager (Control Alt Delete) and see if any instances of Band-in-a-Box are running. If they are, force quit them by clicking "end task"

2. Next, go into your c:\bb\Preferences folder (or to the preferences folder in the drive where the program is installed) and delete the following two files from within the folder: Mysetup.dk and intrface.bbw.

3. Once that is done, find the bbw.exe or bbw64.exe file in the bb folder, right click, and select "Run as Administrator". Then wait a few moments without doing anything to see if the program launches.
Posted By: royj Re: BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/18/21 11:54 AM
Thank you Chantelle - Step 2 & 3 worked well but I had to however also then go through the activation steps using the s/n etc (and then deleting files in the user/public/ticket folder). This then effectively solves the crash. The small disadvantage is that the personal setting preferences in BiaB are lost. Thank you however for your fast response. Regards, Roy
Posted By: royj Re: BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/18/21 12:02 PM
The final step is then to click on the "Normal Screen Mode" and everything seems then to be fine. Rgds, Roy
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/18/21 12:18 PM
Roy, when things are running well again and you've set your preferences, save them so you can always recover them if this happens again.

Options, Save Preferences As.

This is actually good advice for any of us.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: BIAB Build 844 Crash to Desktop - 10/21/21 08:49 PM
Originally Posted By: royj
The final step is then to click on the "Normal Screen Mode" and everything seems then to be fine. Rgds, Roy

Great! We're glad to hear that everything is resolved. If you ever need anything in the future don't hesitate to reach out! We're always happy to help here on the forums or via e-mail. There is also the Live Help button if you ever need immediate assistance - so long as it says we're open and the button is green you can talk to any of our reps there and get help on any issues you may have. Have a greet rest of your week!
© PG Music Forums