PG Music Home
Posted By: biab-user Need Closed hats only - 11/29/21 11:32 AM
How do I make BIAB use closed high hats only using Realdrums?
the style that I am using is _LITEPOP.STY
Thanks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Need Closed hats only - 11/29/21 03:21 PM
Currently, I don't think you can, unless the RealDrums in the style specifically only uses closed hi-hats.
You can do this with MIDI though.
Others may know more.
Posted By: jford Re: Need Closed hats only - 11/29/21 03:23 PM
There are various substyles for RealDrums, but I haven't seen where it indicates closed versus open high hats. Remember RealDrums are already recorded drum phrases, so unless the drummer actually played using closed high hats, there is no way to explicitly select that. The best you could do would be to audition a number of RealDrums and maybe you'll find what you are after. Or switch back to MIDI drums.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Need Closed hats only - 11/29/21 04:46 PM
A fast way to search and audition for specific RealDrums with drum components like closed Hi-hat is to do a filtered search using the StylePicker.

Load the" _LITEPOP.STY" and then from the Style Icon on the Chord Sheet click on the small down arrow beneath the word 'Style' in the StylePicker Icon and from the drop down menu, select the first item - Choose Style similar to current - (It will have _LITEPOP.STY in brackets)
This will open the StylePicker filtered to the _LITEPOP.STY Category, time signature, feel filter and tempo filter. To narrow the search even more specifically, select the Type Filter to Real (Ni Midi).

This narrowed my search from over 9,000 Styles to 235.

You can simply highlight each style and read the Drums description without having to audition any sounds unless a style seems interesting or has closed hi-hat in the description. Although all of the styles are within the search filters for similar attributes to _LITEPOP.STY, many styles can quickly be eliminated from reading the description and moving down to the next Style.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Need Closed hats only - 11/29/21 04:56 PM
This is when I go to Jamstix. Which, by the way, is on sale now for up to 60% off.

https://www.rayzoon.com/online_shop.html
Posted By: biab-user Re: Need Closed hats only - 11/30/21 10:28 PM
Thank you all for your input.
I did do a search which came back with around 200 results. I have managed to find a compromise that fit the song.

It would be nice to have just a Closed hat realdrum to simply pick up when needed. I tried making a loop in reaper but BIAB does not recognise it. Push come to shove, I'll have to use Midi.

Last night at rehearsal I used BIAB as a basic drumm machine for the first time, as the drummer couldn't make it. The rest of the band members were impressed how good it sounded. Great searching for the song in the style page then applying the tempo and soloing the drums. wink
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Need Closed hats only - 11/30/21 10:38 PM
Pleased that you got a reasonable result.

You may consider posting a request for Closed Hi-Hats in the Styles and RealTracks request section.
© PG Music Forums