PG Music Home
Posted By: jcspro40 No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 11/29/21 12:15 PM
Hey folks, ever since I have updated to 845 I can not get a demo to play in the Styles List. It keeps saying there is a problem with Windows Media Player.

So I went & jumped thru hoops to reload the player, but still no go.

Win10 x64, plenty of memory, video card, etc etc...

Anyone else run across this?
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 11/29/21 02:53 PM
Which demo. One single one or all of them. Like anything else in BIAB, try loading back to factory defaults.
This issue usually has to do with the settings for your audio drivers. Are you using an audio interface for your sound output? If so, then please go to Options | MIDI Audio Driver Setup | Audio Settings | Audio Drivers. Then uncheck the box for ASIO Always On and test if you can now hear the Style auditioning in the Style Picker.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 11/30/21 03:10 PM
OK, Thanks for all the help, but still no go....strange.

Yes I have an external audio card, worked fine up until this update. Also, I just plugged it into my laptop with the BB update and everything is working as it should, same Audio Settings, etc....

Also, it is ALL the demos....

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to rest BB?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 11/30/21 03:37 PM
Originally Posted By: jcspro40
... Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to rest BB?
From the Band-in-a-Box Help file:

Factory Settings

The reset to factory settings feature (Options | Return to Factory Settings) optionally offers to clear the drum kit and MIDI Driver choice, making the return to factory settings complete.

If you press the [Return ALL to Factory Settings] button, all settings will be reset to factory.

If you press the [Return MOST to Factory Settings] button, the patch map and drum kit will be left intact, and not reset.

If Preserve location of RealTracks and RealDrums folders is checked, the folder locations will be remembered even after you reset to factory settings or erase the intrface.bbw configuration file.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 11/30/21 04:03 PM
Outside of BiaB, use Windows Explorer to open up this folder:

C:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio\

Then double-click on any one of the .wma files.

Does it play through your system?

Attached picture 2021-12-01_6-01-00.jpg
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 11/30/21 04:40 PM
OK, the .wma files play fine in Windows Media player dragging them over into it....

The reset did nothing for it, it still spits out the error message..

And yes the system has been restarted thru out this, and before I posted.

I just dropped back to the previous version, and everything is fine.....go figure

So I will wait until the next update and try again, Thank You all for the help, it IS appreciated! cool
Posted By: DrDan Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 11/30/21 04:48 PM
Change your BIAB audio driver (WAS) back to (MME)
Please go to your Sound Control Panel, then the Properties of your output device. Make sure that "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" is unchecked.

Attached picture sampling_rate_2.png
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 12/01/21 01:24 AM
Music Student, I use the ASIO driver for my interface, but I DID try both of those also with no luck, rebooting in between switching them.

Chantelle, Thank You again for the tip, I have bookmarked this thread and if I have another problem like this i will return to it.

Thanks Again everyone!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: No Style Demo since the 845 Update - 12/01/21 02:27 AM
I'm presuming that this hasn't been resolved for you at this stage? frown
© PG Music Forums