PG Music Home
I ran across my 1st major bug in the 2022 release which definitely did not exist in 2021 and prior.

1. I open up a previously frozen song.
2. When I click the 'snowflake' Master Freeze button to the right of the MASTER in the mixer, BIAB states that the Audio track is empty and if I want to generate it first. I chose either NO or Cancel and it asks me one at a time the same question for Utility Tracks 1-16

Also, all of my previous SGU files that had all of the tracks frozen via the Master Freeze button, now every one of them has the Master Freeze button grayed out instead of being previously colored blue.

Each time I want to unfreeze a song, I have to click NO or CANCEL 17 times to get back to the main screen.

Also, if I load a unfrozen saved song and click the Master Freeze button, it tells me that audio & all 16 utility tracks are not generated and prompts me if I want to generate them first)

Returning everything to factory settings did not fix the problem.

Something has changed for the worse in the new release. Anyone else see this?

I used _JSTM_B.Sty (Modern Jazz Swing Quartet) as an example and loaded the demo song. Click on the Master Freeze button and see what you get.

UPDATE: Just released build 905 DID NOT resolve the problem.
Quote:
I used _JSTM_B.Sty (Modern Jazz Swing Quartet) as an example and loaded the demo song. Click on the Master Freeze button and see what you get.

I did exactly that. No problems. Tracks froze and played, then I unfroze and played again. No odd behavior? Can you upload the file which is causing this behavior so I can try that?
I tested it on about 25 song files both my own and with demo files provided by PGMUSIC.

Same results on every one of them.

The problem I see happening is that any unfrozen song file that has been generated, still asks me if I want to generate empty tracks, which I am not using, when I click on the Master Freeze button.

I can freeze individual tracks one at a time that are being used without a problem. I just cannot use the Master Freeze button to freeze all of them at once like I could with the 2021 version.

For example, I load a song that only has BASS, PIANO, DRUMS and GUITAR tracks being used, I then click the generate and play button. I then stop the song. I then click the Master Freeze button and BIAB pops up with a window stating "Strings is empty, do you want to generate it firs? When I click NO, it then prompts me with the same message for Audio and all Utility tracks 1 thru 16.

Factory Reset - No Change

Just tested the same songs on my Laptop running 2021 without a hitch as it had been in the past. On my desktop with 2022, nothing but problems using the Master Freeze button.

Also just reloaded my 2021 version on the desktop and it works just fine. Problem points to the new 2022 version.
Can't reproduce here. Can you reload the 2022? Or we will have to wait for others to jump on board.
Dan, I reported this quite a while ago.
Allanah
Confirmed here. It's this particular 'freeze' button that's the culprit:

Attached picture 2021-12-03_6-52-45.jpg
OK, I have not used that specific button. I use the one on the main page not in the mixer which appears to work fine. Lets see if we can get the fix escalated...

Attached picture Capture.JPG
It's be re-reported to the developers. Hopefully will be fixed in a patch update soon.
Thanks, VT. I just got back and saw this and wanted to report than I can reproduce the same issue.

I'm sure, PG Team will nip this one without a problem.
Still having a small problem with this issue even after the 908 Patch.

If I load a song with previously frozen tracks and click on the freeze button at the bottom left of the mixer, the used populated tracks change to the unfrozen indication, the blue goes away, however the blue still exists on those unused unpopulated tracks indicating they are frozen. They to not go to the normal unfrozen state.

Now if I do the same using the Freeze button on the Main Menu, all the tracks change from frozen to unfrozen including all the unused tracks. I am not left with any tracks indicating different states.

Moving along now with a different scenario:

Using the reverse, if I take a previously unfrozen song and click on the freeze button at the bottom left of the mixer, the used populated tracks change to a frozen indication and the unused unpopulated tracks do not change state. They still show unfrozen.

Now if I do the same using the Freeze button on the Main Menu, all the tracks change from unfrozen to a frozen condition including all the unused tracks. I am not left with any tracks indicating different states.

The two methods of freezing and unfreezing tracks are acting differently from each other.

The Main Menu method freezes and unfreezes ALL the tracks but when using the freeze button the mixer, it is selective on what it changes the state of.

Attached picture freeze.jpg
Using a quote from Matt Finley in another thread that he wanted answered here:

"Jcland, yes, I see the other thread. I also see a lot about frozen tracks not working. You said your are not frozen, but is that NOW or EVER? Don't answer that; let's pick up in your new thread."

Matt: The scenario in my initial post shows that using the Freeze button on the Main Menu acts different then using the Freeze button at the bottom left of the mixer. Please read it again and if anything I said is still not clear, let me know and I will try and clarify.

But to answer your question on the quote: The tracks I un-froze were initially frozen and save in the past.

Try this: Load the style _GUITBLZ.sty and load its associated demo. Initially nothing is frozen.
Now freeze then using the Freeze button at the bottom left of the mixer and what I see is the 4 tracks being used show frozen but the blank tracks do not change state.

Now quit BIAB and don't save and restart BIAB and go through the process again of loading the style and it's demo song but this time use the Freeze button on the main menu. I see it freezing everything including blank tracks.

Finally if I load a previously saved file that had ALL tracks frozen and try to unfreeze using the Freeze button at the bottom left of the mixer, the tracks that are being used get unfrozen but any blank tracks still have the frozen indication.

Any previously saved song had ALL tracks frozen and try to unfreeze using the Freeze button on the main menu, all of the tracks regardless of them be used or blank, all show being unfrozen.

The two methods act totally different and I can definitely tell you that was not the case using BIAB 2021 back at the end of November. I still have both versions on my SSD and just tested both 2021 and 2022.
Good, thanks. There is a known problem being addressed with frozen tracks so I hope you’ll forgive me for waiting to see what develops.
Matt:

No problem waiting for the fix. Just wanted to be sure the developers are aware of the problem so they can start working on it

JCLAND
It looks like Patch 912 fixed the problem with freezing and unfreezing the tracks.

Marking as Resolved.
© PG Music Forums