PG Music Home
I'm trying to change the 4bar (red circle) into a held
Then resume normal guitar playing from 5
However, the current situation is that 5 will become an empty beat (yellow circle) and will not return to normal playing until 6.
How can I set to cancel this effect?

Attached picture 2021-12-07_135718.jpg
Why not just use the standard stops, held etc. process in BIAB?
Originally Posted By: rayc

How to use it, I won't. Or where is the basic teaching video.
grin
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
Originally Posted By: rayc

How to use it, I won't. Or where is the basic teaching video.
grin

If you follow a chord with three dots (...) e.g. C... this means the C chord is a Held Chord. It will produce a hold for that bar.

You can also have a rest chord (one period 'C.') or a Shot chord (two periods 'C..')

You can also allow some instruments to play during the hold, e.g. C...d means the C chord will be held but the drums will play.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

If you follow a chord with three dots (...) e.g. C... this means the C chord is a Held Chord. It will produce a hold for that bar.

You can also have a rest chord (one period 'C.') or a Shot chord (two periods 'C..')

You can also allow some instruments to play during the hold, e.g. C...d means the C chord will be held but the drums will play.

My God, is there a video teaching of this knowledge?
Not sure about a video, there is information in the help but I understand that might be difficult for you.

You can type <Alt>+<F5> or right click on the chord and select Chord Settings which will take you to a form where you can select, like this:

Attached picture 2021-12-07_23-09-50.jpg
thanks.
This is very helpful to me. I didn't study the BIAB main program carefully before. Until today, I found that many VSTS cannot be realized. I can only come back to study BIAB, ha ha
I have another new problem, that is, there is no drum in 1234 (I will set F5 for this)
Now I want to add the drum fill in the last half of 4 (in the red circle), and then go smoothly to 5678... There are drums
How to set this fill drum?

Attached picture 2021-12-07_202423.jpg
I've found that going to PG's YouTube pages and searching there for keywords can sometimes work better that trying to find things on their web page "Videos" area, but it isn't easy to find things. This video from 2013 shows the then GUI interface, but shows the dot notation that you can just type in for yourself. The 2022 manual has it on page 100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjyz72Ndx6w
<< How to set the drum fill in bar 4. >>

|bar 3 | bar 4 |
G 2 3 4 |C 2 3 4|

bar 4
|C 2 C.d 4|

The numbers represent the 4 beats per bar. So, C.d places the drum fill on beat 3 of bar 4.

Now I want to add the drum fill in the last half of 4 (in the red circle), and then go smoothly to 5678... There are drums
How to set this fill drum?

Also, try putting a Part Marker on Bar 5. This might give a more enhanced effect.
Gordon Scott:
thank you very much. I found this video according to your link
I found a new video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo9sben5x1M

I finally figured out the logic. I feel a little confused. But I should understand.

1: Bar1 generally, drum mute should be set.
2: At bar4, you need to turn on the silent drum.
3: Then check the sound to be sounded in bar4 according to the setting of rest only all expect in chord setting, for example, only bass
4: Bar4 cannot be a separate C. At least C
Then set according to the requirements to achieve the effect. To be honest, I feel a little complicated.
Ha ha, I hope to have a drum setting as soon as possible to make things easier. ha-ha

It's really a little difficult for a person who doesn't understand English to understand these. ha-ha

Attached picture 2021-12-07_213227.jpg

It's really a little difficult for a person who doesn't understand English to understand these. ha-ha

I think I read somewhere else that you read some or all of these in translation, and I guess you often often write in translation.

The translators are now really very good, but they still sometimes say the wrong things :-(

I was sure there was a better video than the one I linked, which is why I suggested searching on YouTube. I struggle to find any detail on the official video page and it's crazy to watch hour long videos just in the hope of finding the answer.
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
I was sure there was a better video than the one I linked, which is why I suggested searching on YouTube. I struggle to find any detail on the official video page and it's crazy to watch hour long videos just in the hope of finding the answer.

The video link you gave me is very critical. Through your link, I found more content.
Thanks again! grin
pages 93 to 97 of the 2022 manual deal with chord entry in detail.....i know its in english but its fairly straightforward
These three videos go through quite a lot of the typed chord methods; Anticipations, Rests, shots, holds.

Part1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD4QMmCZUZI
Part2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST6C6FCREiY
Part3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXIfbEPrYIo
© PG Music Forums