PG Music Home
I like this style very much.

_BACKUP.STY. Back Up Triple Guitar Rock

I noticed a change in track Guitar1
3329 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastLowDistArp Ev 150

1-8 is a melody.
9-24 is another melody.
The same track, the same real track, the same instrument, but the melody is different.
How can I do this.
I recorded a video, please remove the suffix mp3

Attached File
biab.mp4.mp3  (7 downloads)
Bars 1-8 are using A substyle, while bars 9-24 are using C (or D) sub-style. The patterns played by the different instruments are different on each substyle.

Originally Posted By: Cerio
Bars 1-8 are using A substyle, while bars 9-24 are using C (or D) sub-style. The patterns played by the different instruments are different on each substyle.

Cerio,Thank you for your reply

Such is the case. 9-24 use the C (or D) substyle.
_ FLIPSID. STY. Flipside Alt Rock Guitars

I took a look at the actual guitar1 has changed.

Subsections 1-8 use sub style a
guitar1 is
3929 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastLowDistArp Ev 150

9-24 use C (or D) substyle
guitar1 is
3930 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastBrightHiArp Ev 150

However, how does BIAB only change the orbit of guitar1?
Why did I change the style and the whole music changed?
How can I change the style, but only one track?

I watched almost all of BIAB's YouTube Videos
But I haven't seen the relevant introduction video.

Attached picture 2021-12-18_191828.jpg
Attached picture 2021-12-18_195452.jpg
<< I watched almost all of BIAB's YouTube Videos
But I haven't seen the relevant introduction video. >>

Watch the video about PartMarkers again.

Band in a Box Partmarkers overview

The only thing happening is BIAB is changing styles. It's no different than if you've input a Chord progression and open the StylePicker and keep changing the styles to play over the Chord Progression you have in the Chord Sheet. The outcome is BIAB is responding to programming that's been entered by assigning MultiStyles and automatically changing styles as programmed.

BIAB has many pre-made MultiStyles in the StylePicker. It's also easy to make your own custom MultiStyle and any Style in the StylePicker can be modified with the new Style saved for use as a MultiStyle.
Several ways this can be done.
01. change the substyle (A to B substyle)
02. Change the Style (Use a MultiStyle)
03. Change the RealTrack that uses the same instrument but plays a different orbit.

Because the Style changed into a different style altogether.

Modify an existing style by changing the instrument on only one track and save the modified style as a new style.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Watch the video about PartMarkers again.

Band in a Box Partmarkers overview

The only thing happening is BIAB is changing styles. It's no different than if you've input a Chord progression and open the StylePicker and keep changing the styles to play over the Chord Progression you have in the Chord Sheet. The outcome is BIAB is responding to programming that's been entered by assigning MultiStyles and automatically changing styles as programmed.

BIAB has many pre-made MultiStyles in the StylePicker. It's also easy to make your own custom MultiStyle and any Style in the StylePicker can be modified with the new Style saved for use as a MultiStyle.

thank you!
I watched it again. This video shows how easy a multistyle is to use. There are various paragraphs that have been done.
But now I want to master my skills in making multistyle.
Because when I connect to another style, all the tracks will change.
I don't know if there is such a video. Do it yourself
The main reason is that a song can't look the same from beginning to end. There must be a little change. But it can't change too much.
That's why I like _backup.sty. Back up triple guitar rock.
Change the RealTrack that uses the same instrument but plays a different orbit.

Modify an existing style by changing the instrument on only one track and save the modified style as a new style.

This is what I want.
But I open this song again
_ BACKUP. STY. Back Up Triple Guitar Rock

Still found some problems.
When the music is played to "bar 9D", only guitar1 changes

3929 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastLowDistArp Ev 150
Become>>>>
3930 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastBrightHiArp Ev 150

There is no new style change. If it is stored as a new style, the name cannot be the same, but it is obviously not a new style. I thought it had stored a new style that was all the same except guitar1, but after checking, there was no new style.
What is this technique, how to implement it, and is there a video?
I really didn't find this video.
thanks

Attached File
2021-12-18_222917.jpg  (8 downloads)
You know, there is a very detailed manual you can read that comes with BIAB. Maybe you will find your answers in there. I know, the forum is a great place for "serious" trouble shooting, but understanding how everything works in BIAB is well documented in the PDF manual.

Just an idea.

PS: I don't know what your native language is, but a many of your posts are hard to understand because of translation issues. Have you tried the international section of forums? I am sure there is one in your language.
Originally Posted By: MikeK
You know, there is a very detailed manual you can read that comes with BIAB. Maybe you will find your answers in there.

ok
Is it convenient for me to tell what keywords I can search to find what I want?
I think the online manual is more convenient because it can be translated online.
I looked for it, but I couldn't find it
Mainly do not know what keywords to search

https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2022full/index.htm
For myself, I found it easy to go to the section of BIAB functionality I have questions about and read the ENTIRE section. That way, you find what you are looking for.

I just think that some new users rely on the more seasoned users to do the research (and learning) for them. The easy way out for new users, in my humble opinion.

But, that's just my opinion. I was new once too and did my homework without having forum users "teach" me how BIAB works.
but a many of your posts are hard to understand because of translation issues.

So I recorded the video.
In the video, you can see and hear that guitar1 has changed in the same style.
I want to know how this changed.
I can't do it.
Very simple :

Attached picture Capture d’écran 2021-12-18 164518.png
Et voila. Traduction automatique de toutes les pages :

Attached picture Capture d’écran 2021-12-18 165038.png
Attached picture Capture d’écran 2021-12-18 165429.png
For myself, I found it easy to go to the section of BIAB functionality I have questions about and read the ENTIRE section. That way, you find what you are looking for.

I just think that some new users rely on the more seasoned users to do the research (and learning) for them. The easy way out for new users, in my humble opinion.

But, that's just my opinion. I was new once too and did my homework without having forum users "teach" me how BIAB works.

thank you.
In fact, I often read online manuals
But there is one inconvenient place where I can't search for keywords
The search manual in the upper right corner can't enter any characters after I click to open it.
I changed a lot of browsers, but I still can't.

I made another comparison video.
This will make it easier to see what I want to express.

Attached File
999.mp4.mp3  (4 downloads)
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

So I recorded the video.
I can't do it.

I looked at the photo you uploaded https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=20104&filename=2021-12-18_222917.jpg

Notice that PartMarker 9d is a different color than the normal blue and green partmarkers. In the instance of your picture of a Chord Chart, the difference of the PartMarker color at bar 9d is the indication of a Style change in the program. (this isn't always the case but it is the case in this instance) If you right click with your mouse on the PartMarker on 9d, the menu that opens will display the style changes.

The markings you made in your picture, the style changes at 9d that you've marked in red display where you can manually change a style in a song without completing all the steps to create a new style and save it as a MultiStyle. This allows you to obtain the benefit of a MultiStyle style change in the working song only. There's no permanent style created and the style change you've input pertains to this one song only.

In this current situation, the style change occurs because there's a style change due to using a MultiStyle rather than a user input manual style change.

Charlie

thank you.
The search manual in the upper right corner can't enter any characters after I click to open it.

I made another comparison video.
This will make it easier to see what I want to express.

In this situation you must be sure to regenerate the song or make sure the track is not frozen (It's not frozen in your video) however, you did not regenerate the song. You double clicked your mouse to start playback.

Another thing I notice in the video is the second style (the one you possibly have attempted to create?) has the same name as the first style. This is incorrect. A style you modify or create from scratch must be saved with it's own unique and distinct name.

Charlie

Of course, the seasoned often welcome basic questions as a way to show off their seasonings. =8^)

I'm not saying that's bad! People like to be helpful, they like to show off their hard-earned expertise, and there's the whole "we were all new once / pay it forward" thing.

A problem, though, is when the question is unclear or ambiguous, you can wind up with a team of well-intentioned experts trying to guess what the OP meant, delivering possible solutions based on whatever it might have been, and things can get pretty chaotic and confusing, especially when spread out over many separate threads.
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
A problem, though, is when the question is unclear or ambiguous, you can wind up with a team of well-intentioned experts trying to guess what the OP meant, delivering possible solutions based on whatever it might have been, and things can get pretty chaotic and confusing, especially when spread out over many separate threads.

Exactly. The cross-language communications have been too difficult, for me, to feel I am providing any real assistance. But I certainly have no objection to others playing along. It is an open forum. grin

Exactly! Well put.

So I recorded the video.
I can't do it.

I looked at the photo you uploaded https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=20104&filename=2021-12-18_222917.jpg

Notice that PartMarker 9d is a different color than the normal blue and green partmarkers. In the instance of your picture of a Chord Chart, the difference of the PartMarker color at bar 9d is the indication of a Style change in the program. (this isn't always the case but it is the case in this instance) If you right click with your mouse on the PartMarker on 9d, the menu that opens will display the style changes.

The markings you made in your picture, the style changes at 9d that you've marked in red display where you can manually change a style in a song without completing all the steps to create a new style and save it as a MultiStyle. This allows you to obtain the benefit of a MultiStyle style change in the working song only. There's no permanent style created and the style change you've input pertains to this one song only.

In this current situation, the style change occurs because there's a style change due to using a MultiStyle rather than a user input manual style change.

Charlie

I also noticed the different colors, but I don't know why.
I didn't find the introduction. I think it has something to do with the singing of someone here? I didn't study here because I didn't record in BIAB.

I want to shorten the video time. I generated it first, and then just started recording by double clicking.
My main question is why the official style (I haven't made any changes)
_ FLIPSID. STY. Flipside Alt Rock Guitars

Guitar1 can be changed in the bar 9D position

It doesn't use multistyle, and its name hasn't changed

Even if it uses multistyle, it's just a change in guitar1

I have written these questions clearly above.

Now there is a good news. I have found a way to modify realtracks in bar setting of bar 9D, and then a new window will come out. There are different musical instruments that can affect mixer's musical instruments, but it's strange that the name is not right.

But in the official style, it has not been modified here.

Attached picture 2021-12-19_005352.jpg
Several ways this can be done.
01. change the substyle (A to B substyle)
02. Change the Style (Use a MultiStyle)
03. Change the RealTrack that uses the same instrument but plays a different orbit.

Because the Style changed into a different style altogether.

Hello teacher.
Are there any related operation videos? Without video guidance, I find it difficult for me to do it.
<< Are there any related operation videos? Without video guidance, I find it difficult for me to do it. >>

I'm unaware if there are any more videos.

Of course, the seasoned often welcome basic questions as a way to show off their seasonings. =8^)

I'm not saying that's bad! People like to be helpful, they like to show off their hard-earned expertise, and there's the whole "we were all new once / pay it forward" thing.

Lol, if I'm 'showing off' my expertise it's because this question is neither unclear or ambiguous to the 'seasoned' and it's very obvious I'm not guessing what the OP means. So far in this discussion, nothing chaotic nor confusing. If you consider yourself to be 'unseasoned' because you find this basic question to be unclear or ambiguous, my recommendation is you should post less, read my posts and learn.

Charlie
<< Are there any related operation videos? Without video guidance, I find it difficult for me to do it. >>

I'm unaware if there are any more videos.

I am reviewing 《Part 1/2: Boot Camp" video tutorial for band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows》

At 11:27 seconds, he talked about a new mute method, aimed at utility pianoroll mode.

I didn’t notice it last time, maybe this is a more convenient way to mute the sound.
LOL [...] If you consider yourself to be 'unseasoned' because you find this basic question to be unclear or ambiguous, my recommendation is you should post less, read my posts and learn.

What an obnoxious response.

Thanks to MusicStudent and MikeK for theirs.
Separate to other replies, some helpful, some less helpful, I'll offer this:

With RealTracks, the original musician records many different musical phrases in different keys with many different variations. These are stored as short audio segments in many different files on the computer hard drive. When the user enters chords for a song, the program extracts the audio segments and 'stitches' them together to form a playable instrument.

When the guitar has been recorded, the performer has also recorded different variations of 'energy levels' into different Sub-Styles. There are usually two different sub-styles, but in this case there are 4: a, b, c, d.

The Part Marker tells the program which sub-style to extract from the recorded segments. When the song starts, the first 8 bars use music segments recorded under sub-style 'a'. At bar 9, the program extracts music segments from sub-style 'd'.

The reason the guitar technique changed is simply because the performer originally recorded different variations in technique for the 4 different sub-styles. The variations may have also included different playing techniques and also the use of effects pedals, such as distortion, overdrive, fuzz etc to get the difference in sounds for each of the sub-styles.

Open up this folder on your computer, and you will see many different audio files

C:\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastChugging Ev 150\

These are all of the variations of the individual recorded musical passages that were performed and the program 'stitches' the required ones back together to suit the chords and the sub-styles in the final song.

Hopefully, this provides a helpful response to the O/P, which is what they were looking for. I'm not showing off either. I'm genuinely attempting to assist a new and enthusiastic user without making any unnecessary remarks on how others have responded.

This is not that kind of forum.

Other users may subsequently follow this thread and might read the response as to how the sub-styles operate, and it hopefully may be beneficial to them. Frankly, I consider myself far from a 'seasoned' member prepared to 'show off' anything. I'm just a forum member who sees helpful responses are the better approach than being critical of newer users' questions, and possibly admonishing them for not having a better understanding.
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Separate to other replies, some helpful, some less helpful, I'll offer this:

With RealTracks, the original musician records many different musical phrases in different keys with many different variations. These are stored as short audio segments in many different files on the computer hard drive. When the user enters chords for a song, the program extracts the audio segments and 'stitches' them together to form a playable instrument.

When the guitar has been recorded, the performer has also recorded different variations of 'energy levels' into different Sub-Styles. There are usually two different sub-styles, but in this case there are 4: a, b, c, d.

The Part Marker tells the program which sub-style to extract from the recorded segments. When the song starts, the first 8 bars use music segments recorded under sub-style 'a'. At bar 9, the program extracts music segments from sub-style 'd'.

The reason the guitar technique changed is simply because the performer originally recorded different variations in technique for the 4 different sub-styles. The variations may have also included different playing techniques and also the use of effects pedals, such as distortion, overdrive, fuzz etc to get the difference in sounds for each of the sub-styles.

Open up this folder on your computer, and you will see many different audio files

C:\bb\RealTracks\Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastChugging Ev 150\

These are all of the variations of the individual recorded musical passages that were performed and the program 'stitches' the required ones back together to suit the chords and the sub-styles in the final song.

Hopefully, this provides a helpful response to the O/P, which is what they were looking for. I'm not showing off either. I'm genuinely attempting to assist a new and enthusiastic user without making any unnecessary remarks on how others have responded.

This is not that kind of forum.

Other users may subsequently follow this thread and might read the response as to how the sub-styles operate, and it hopefully may be beneficial to them. Frankly, I consider myself far from a 'seasoned' member prepared to 'show off' anything. I'm just a forum member who sees helpful responses are the better approach than being critical of newer users' questions, and possibly admonishing them for not having a better understanding.

thanks for the reply.
Now there is a problem, such as A, B, I can control and change the drum by myself.
But it can't control instruments such as guitars, which is more random. The drums of the A section and the B section are different, obviously, and can be controlled by yourself, but the instrument cannot. Right-click and click the color vertical bar, there is no instrument selection.

Attached picture 2021-12-20_201217.jpg
My initial thoughts are that this is because there are only two sub-styles recorded for this particular instrument style? Not all styles have more than two sub-styles.
Does that explain?
My initial thoughts are that this is because there are only two sub-styles recorded for this particular instrument style? Not all styles have more than two sub-styles.
Does that explain?

Yes, each style is different, this is not the point.
I mean, I find that the melody of each style changes, but I can't control his changes. But the drum can be controlled.
Is there any way to control it, or that this is random
There are usually two different sub-styles, but in this case there are 4: a, b, c, d.

I thought there was only A, B
Because I found that C and D are the same
Then if I load the CD, it’s like this
Does it mean this? Because there are usually four variations of styles by default? a,b,c,d ?

Attached picture 2021-12-20_204837.jpg
Attached picture 2021-12-20_205003.jpg
Attached picture 2021-12-20_205017.jpg
<< Now there is a problem, such as A, B, I can control and change the drum by myself.
But it can't control instruments such as guitars, which is more random. The drums of the A section and the B section are different, obviously, and can be controlled by yourself, but the instrument cannot. Right-click and click the color vertical bar, there is no instrument selection. >>

<< Is there any way to control it, or that this is random? >>

There are several ways to control it. I'll show you the method I think is the fastest and most way; Use the RealTrack Medley Maker.

Here are the steps:
Project Setup:
01. Open a new project
02. load the Heeldig.sty Demo file
03. Change the number of Choruses from 3 to 1 (this isn't necessary but it speeds up generating the song)

This demo will control and change Guitar 2 > 2625 Guitar, Baritone Electric, RhythmBluesBoogieBass and Licks ev 100
Medley Setup:
04. Select the Guitar 2 Track in the Mixer
05. Open the RealTracks Picker
06. Verify that Guitar 2 is the selected track and then click the Medley Button

Create the Medley:
07. Set the "Change RealTrack at every" bar to 8 Bars
08. Verify the first slot has Guitar 2 > RT2625 filled in
09. In the second slot, type in 2501, select the 2501 guitar and OK
10. In the third slot, type in 3351, select the 3351 guitar and OK
11. The RealTrack Medley Page should look like the attached screen shot (without the arrows)
12. Click OK to exit the RealTrack Medley Page
13. Confirm the Medley is active by observing small writing beside the Medley Button
14. Close the RealTrack Picker
15. Generate and Play the Heeldig.sty Demo

The result is every 8 bars (which in this SGU file also changes PartMarkers), the track containing the 2625, Guitar, Baritone will change to the next Medley instrument. The first change is Bar 9 - (RT2501, a soloist instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. The second change is Bar 17 - (RT3351, a Rhythm instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. These instrument changes will continue to rotate every 8 bars until the end of the song.

Charlie

Description: The RealTracks Picker
Attached picture RealTracks Picker.png

Description: Medley Instrument Selections
Attached picture Medley Instrument Selections.png
The C/D for display only - doesn't do anything other than change the color of the PartMarker so the User can use the color change as a marker for identifying changes to the Chord Sheet - perhaps to designate verses from choruses, or to designate an instrumental section of a song with vocals.
<< Now there is a problem, such as A, B, I can control and change the drum by myself.
But it can't control instruments such as guitars, which is more random. The drums of the A section and the B section are different, obviously, and can be controlled by yourself, but the instrument cannot. Right-click and click the color vertical bar, there is no instrument selection. >>

<< Is there any way to control it, or that this is random? >>

There are several ways to control it. I'll show you the method I think is the fastest and most way; Use the RealTrack Medley Maker.

Here are the steps:
Project Setup:
01. Open a new project
02. load the Heeldig.sty Demo file
03. Change the number of Choruses from 3 to 1 (this isn't necessary but it speeds up generating the song)

This demo will control and change Guitar 2 > 2625 Guitar, Baritone Electric, RhythmBluesBoogieBass and Licks ev 100
Medley Setup:
04. Select the Guitar 2 Track in the Mixer
05. Open the RealTracks Picker
06. Verify that Guitar 2 is the selected track and then click the Medley Button

Create the Medley:
07. Set the "Change RealTrack at every" bar to 8 Bars
08. Verify the first slot has Guitar 2 > RT2625 filled in
09. In the second slot, type in 2501, select the 2501 guitar and OK
10. In the third slot, type in 3351, select the 3351 guitar and OK
11. The RealTrack Medley Page should look like the attached screen shot (without the arrows)
12. Click OK to exit the RealTrack Medley Page
13. Confirm the Medley is active by observing small writing beside the Medley Button
14. Close the RealTrack Picker
15. Generate and Play the Heeldig.sty Demo

The result is every 8 bars (which in this SGU file also changes PartMarkers), the track containing the 2625, Guitar, Baritone will change to the next Medley instrument. The first change is Bar 9 - (RT2501, a soloist instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. The second change is Bar 17 - (RT3351, a Rhythm instrument that's also a Baritone Guitar played by Brent Mason) and plays for 8 bars. These instrument changes will continue to rotate every 8 bars until the end of the song.

Charlie

Very detailed. My operation was successful. This is the first time I have learned about the function of medley.

However, I think there are two problems.
First: Choose the guitar 2501, 3351, whether it matches the style perfectly, this test sounds more troublesome.

Second: He can only play in the order of the insertion list, but cannot choose by himself.

So, I think it is more appropriate to directly use the latest 2022 function multiriff instead of this function?
The C/D for display only - doesn't do anything other than change the color of the PartMarker so the User can use the color change as a marker for identifying changes to the Chord Sheet - perhaps to designate verses from choruses, or to designate an instrumental section of a song with vocals.

Let us return the question to the beginning of the article. It is also my doubt, and I haven't found the reason yet.
Although I know how to achieve it, I still don't know how to achieve this style.

_BACKUP.STY. Back Up Triple Guitar Rock

This song has C/D, and it is another song, change to C/D in the position of bar9
But what makes me wonder is why his other drums have not changed, only the guitar has changed.
This is my doubt. I don't know how to do it.
Still changed, I didn't hear clearly.

Attached picture 2021-12-20_230320.jpg
I just found out that these two styles of drums are the same, so I changed the style as if I didn't change it. That's great, haha.
I don’t know if I can search for drums when searching for patterns.
Changing the style like this, I really can’t hear the change, haha
I'm not showing off either. I'm genuinely attempting to assist a new and enthusiastic user without making any unnecessary remarks on how others have responded.

My post about "showing off" was really not directed at anyone in particular, and wasn't even about this particular thread. I also said it was not a bad thing, and I meant that. I really wasn't accusing anyone of any kind of malfeasance. And I considered adding "I do it myself when I can", but decided that might be taken as self-aggrandizing.

Here are two Eternal Truths.

1) New users will ask basic questions they could answer themselves by studying documentation.

Is that bad? Sometimes it leads to further productive discussion, sometimes it elicits generally valuable information difficult to find otherwise, but sometimes it gets annoying and leads to "RTFM" or "Google it" responses. (BTW, it's only fair to mention that BIAB is a particularly difficult product to "self-serve", making the forums here essential in a way I don't think I've ever seen before. I do think that is bad, but never mind that now.)

2) Experienced users will "overanswer" when replying to basic questions.

Is that bad? Sometimes it leads to further productive discussion, sometimes it presents valuable information, but sometimes it overwhelms and obscures. A newbie trying to learn how to cut-n-paste doesn't need a lecture on granular synthesis and the history of non-linear editing. Of course, that all might make for a fantastic post! But not every occasion for such presentations is the best.

COROLLARY: Eternal Truths (1) and (2) will reinforce one another in a circular fashion.

Sometimes, this makes for great discussions. Other times, it can be a problem. Sometimes newbies need to throttle back and observe courtesies like not constantly starting new threads about subjects already under discussion, even though that's the quickest way of getting lots of attention. And sometimes oldbies need to restrain themselves in attempts to answer unclear questions – don't address every possible interpretation, which can send a thread spinning off into multiple directions before the OP even replies; request clarification and wait.

And there you have it, Eternity in a single BIAB forum post.

Mr. Mix, I'm not sure this is what you're describing, but the online manual search function does seem to be buggy.

I can reproduce this on both Mac and Windows systems:

- Go to https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbm2021full/index.htm
- Click magnifying glass / "Search Manual" button to bring up search box
- Click in text field, type in search term, click magnifying glass
- Search box closes, but no results are displayed
- Click magnifying glass / "Search Manual" button to bring up search box again
- Results of previous search are displayed

Mr. Mix, I'm not sure this is what you're describing, but the online manual search function does seem to be buggy.

thanks. I read the manual every day.
However, it cannot be searched. The browser I use is google CHROME
I made a video, remove the suffix .mp3

Attached File
1221.mp4.mp3  (8 downloads)
[quote=swingbabymix]In fact, I often read online manuals

Same here, using several web browsers

thanks. I read the manual every day.
However, it cannot be searched. The browser I use is google CHROME

Yikes, you speak true, there is nowhere to type! Here's what that box should look like.

Attached picture aaa.jpg
maybe reduce display size in chrome

Attached picture Capture d’écran 2021-12-20 175642.png

Thanks! I was able to duplicate the problem myself with your instructions, so I've reported it to our web admin - they'll have a look.
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
maybe reduce display size in chrome

Zoom in and zoom out, it won’t work

I recorded a video, remove the suffix .mp3

Attached File
1221002.mp4.mp3  (2 downloads)
<< However, I think there are two problems. >>

<< First: Choose the guitar 2501, 3351, whether it matches the style perfectly, this test sounds more troublesome. >>
I chose these RealTracks for demonstration only and not due to their compatibility with the song. They are just different recordings of the same baritone guitar being played by the same artist, Brent Mason. That being the case does not mean they were sufficient choices stylistically for the song. In a Medley, any RealTrack the user thinks is appropriate can be selected and used.

<< Second: He can only play in the order of the insertion list, but cannot choose by himself. >>
No, that's not correct. I only detailed instructions for one use of the RealTrack Medley Maker and there are many other options to choose and create different variations of the playing order. As I also stated, the demonstration I outlined these steps is only a single method from several other ways to achieve variations of the playing order of the instrument. The MultiRiff option is another but Medleys can also be entered manually from the Bar Settings Page and custom settings placed at any bar determined by user input.

<< So, I think it is more appropriate to directly use the latest 2022 function multiriff instead of this function? >>
Yes. that's another way to accomplish the same thing.

Thanks. This is fixed. Note online manual search for 2022 manuals is limited at the moment, will take a couple of days to be indexed fully.

but Medleys can also be entered manually from the Bar Settings Page and custom settings placed at any bar determined by user input.

How to set in subsections? Is it convenient to talk about it? Or is there any official video? I only learned this today. Thank you teacher!
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music

Thanks. This is fixed. Note online manual search for 2022 manuals is limited at the moment, will take a couple of days to be indexed fully.

Well that was fast! Many thanks.

but Medleys can also be entered manually from the Bar Settings Page and custom settings placed at any bar determined by user input.

How to set in subsections? Is it convenient to talk about it? Or is there any official video? I only learned this today. Thank you teacher!

You select the RealTrack with the RealTrack Button in Bar Settings and you set the bars for the RealTrack to start and end with the bars button in the Bar Settings. Very easy.

Charlie

Attached picture Screenshot 2021-12-20 212741.png

You select the RealTrack with the RealTrack Button in Bar Settings and you set the bars for the RealTrack to start and end with the bars button in the Bar Settings. Very easy.

Charlie

But three new paragraphs have been set in Medleys. How to control any paragraph in Medleys here?

Attached picture 2021-12-21_103934.jpg
Swingbabymix, with all respects, I highly recommend you to relax and not trying to learn all BIAB features at once. BIAB is a complex program with a high learning curve, and while learning how to use its most basic functions is easy, mastering the program (like mastering any other complex subject) can take years.

It looks like you're trying to learn all aspects of the program at the same time, and as result you're mixing a lot of unrelated concepts; That happens because you're not really assimilating the huge amount of information you're being exposed to.

You won't master BIAB in a few weeks (the same way you won't learn to speak a foreign language or to play an instrument in a few weeks) simply because your brain needs time. So please, read the manual, watch the videos, try to learn the program gradually, enjoy what you can do with it, experiment by yourself, and the most important thing: use the search button, you will see that many of the questions you're doing have been answered in the forum many times before.
Cerio you begin to understand that this hyperactive tackles too many problems head-on. As if he had to take the exams when he barely knew how to write. Time is really useful in understanding Biab, you have to learn AND have fun with the program, that there are learning phases followed by the creation phase to be able to assimilate this marvel of the program. And when he doesn't find the answer to his taste, from nice forumers, he starts up a new thread in a slightly different form. Exhausting but cute, after all.
Well, I think he genuinely loves the program, but is just a little bit anxious to learn EVERYTHING. smile
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Well, I think he genuinely loves the program, but is just a little bit anxious to learn EVERYTHING. smile

thanks grin
I have almost mastered it now.I didn't know what Medley was before.
I can master the playback of all parts of Medley, and I want to see how it works.
I didn’t find any relevant introduction on youtube.
Cerio you begin to understand that this hyperactive tackles too many problems head-on. As if he had to take the exams when he barely knew how to write. Time is really useful in understanding Biab, you have to learn AND have fun with the program, that there are learning phases followed by the creation phase to be able to assimilate this marvel of the program. And when he doesn't find the answer to his taste, from nice forumers, he starts up a new thread in a slightly different form. Exhausting but cute, after all.

Allow me to be active for a few more days, I am currently at the climax of learning grin

thanks grin
I can master the playback of all parts of Medley, and I want to see how it works.

Don't forget to tell us your method for the Medley, it interests a lot of people. Make us some nice videos that show the steps.

Don't forget to tell us your method for the Medley, it interests a lot of people. Make us some nice videos that show the steps.

Haven't mastered it temporarily. I have been waiting for teacher Charlie Fogle's reply cry
thanks grin

If you've almost mastered it, you are doing much, much better than me. I've been using it since almost its inception. Yet I don't even come close to mastering it. You'll be helping me soon grin

If you've almost mastered it, you are doing much, much better than me. I've been using it since almost its inception. Yet I don't even come close to mastering it. You'll be helping me soon grin

I just mastered it in my spirit. grin
Actually, I still have a long way to go.
swing mix or who ever you are.

Please dont stop asking questions.
I am actually learning a lot of stuff from the questions you ask and the generous answers given by the usual good guys in the forums, the guys who unselfishly go out of their way to give answers.
Your enthusiasm is undeniable and no doubt you will master every aspect of bb.
Top man(along with the usual helpful forum guys)

Please keep going.
Paul.

P.S
I find myself following your posts for the information given in most replies and also for the slight humour in the translation which can be be quite humourous to the english speaking person(in a good way) laugh
I am learning a lot also.

I have things that I use in BIAB that I am happy with. When someone asks a question it opens up something new that I had not thought of.

...Deb
Originally Posted By: paulpaul

Please dont stop asking questions.

Don't worry about this, as long as the server is not down, I will keep asking, it definitely has something to do with personality. No one can stop me. I have liked asking questions since kindergarten.

I also kept all the wonderful replies, so that I can really learn a lot.

At the same time, I also watch online manuals and instructional videos, but all of these are not as much as the direct exchanges between people on the forum.

In the process of using BIAB, a sudden doubt, an idea, I will post on the forum, I have a foreboding that BIAB 2023 version will definitely be better. grin

Finally, thank you for supporting me!

It's getting late, and Jobs is going to talk to me in his dream.

thanks grin

Haha, that's attitude, man, I love it, really!

Just to clarify, I have not asked you to stop asking questions here. At all! You have an inquisitive mind and you have done (in my opinion) a lot of pertinent and interesting observations about how the program works and how the program could be made better, and this is is good for the community, very good indeed.

I'm just asking to take your time to learn BIAB, to think and experiment by yourself before posting any question, to not mix unrelated issues in the same thread to not open several threads about the same issue, things like that... Otherwise, the situation becomes esaily confusing...
Allow me to be active for a few more days, I am currently at the climax of learning grin

Good Lord. I can't wait.
i'm by no means a power user of BIAB but once you get so far, once you hit a problem, a little time, thought and experimentation often helps you find the answer. or a visit to the pdf manual using the index might find the answer.

it also takes you deeper into the program and expands your personal knowledge base.

seems to me the OP could take a little time to explore rather than post a new topic every time he has a query. reading the manual is always a good start.

language is obviously a problem and doesn't help. but whilst we are always here to help there seem to be two types of queries - genuine queries which might or might not be answered more quickly by reading the manual and instances of 'why does it do that' to which the answer is 'that's how BIAB works'.

i think it's the latter that are a trifle irritating not the genuine queries.

Haven't mastered it temporarily. I have been waiting for teacher Charlie Fogle's reply cry

Swingbabymix, here's a link to a document I prepared and posted in the Tips and Tricks Forum on applying MultiStyles, repeats, and changing category from one genre to another, changing styles from swing to even, changing the tempo throughout the song and more. It's a short document with screenshots and directions to follow step by step. Hopefully, it will provide you with some insight to how BIAB works.

32 Bars of Stuff (Programming a BIAB Arrangement for Beginners)

Charlie

Swingbabymix, here's a link to a document I prepared and posted in the Tips and Tricks Forum on applying MultiStyles, repeats, and changing category from one genre to another, changing styles from swing to even, changing the tempo throughout the song and more. It's a short document with screenshots and directions to follow step by step. Hopefully, it will provide you with some insight to how BIAB works.

Charlie

Recently, my internet speed is a bit slow and I cannot open the new content you provided. I will watch it later. thank you.

Last time we talked about setting different tracks in Medleys, and then controlling different content playback in Medleys through BAR SETTINGS. I haven't figured this out yet. Can you share the steps pictures here? I didn't find an option. thanks
Here's a link to a document on how to create a RealTrack Medley from the Bar Settings Page.

RT Medley from the Bar Settings Page

Questions and comments welcome.

Charlie

Charlie

thanks
However, I cannot open this page here.
I am thinking of a way.
You need a Dropbox account and it will work.
You need a Dropbox account and it will work.

It’s not very convenient for me to open sites like drop, google, youtube, facebook
Here's a link to a document on how to create a RealTrack Medley from the Bar Settings Page.

RT Medley from the Bar Settings Page

Charlie

I just watched it.
This is achieved through bar setting.
I began to think that Medley could be controlled.

It seems that medley is a separate function. This is my biggest gain. I didn't know the medley function in realtracks at all before.
thank you very much!
You're welcome. Medley's are one of my favorite and useful BIAB features. Glad the bar settings method is working out for you.

Charlie
You're welcome. Medley's are one of my favorite and useful BIAB features. Glad the bar settings method is working out for you.

Charlie

What an obnoxious response, excellent pdf...
Thank you Charlie, for your knowledge, patience, and generosity...

Charlie

So, Medley can only play sequentially, but can't control shuffled play? is it?

Attached picture 2021-12-22_224026.jpg
<< So, Medley can only play sequentially, but can't control shuffled play? >>
Correct. Not sure why you would want it to shuffle? I don't understand why you would go to the time and trouble to install each instrument in the order you want them to play and then desire for them to be shuffled like a deck of cards. That doesn't make musical sense.

However, if a user wanted to have a different arrangement order for another chorus. That can be done.

Charlie
I've attached Charlie's "RealTracks Medley From Bar Settings Page" and his how to make a "Band-in-a-Box MultiStyle" pdf files to this post for those that do not have access to Dropbox.

Attached File
Attached File
MultiStyle BIAB Song.pdf  (5 downloads)

How to control something random: nonsense grin
Thanks (the fogles)
Correct. Not sure why you would want it to shuffle? I don't understand why you would go to the time and trouble to install each instrument in the order you want them to play and then desire for them to be shuffled like a deck of cards. That doesn't make musical sense.

However, if a user wanted to have a different arrangement order for another chorus. That can be done.

Charlie

This is a misunderstanding.
Because I saw the previous reply. I think the different realtracks put in Medley can be called in random order.

<< Second: He can only play in the order of the insertion list, but cannot choose by himself. >>
No, that's not correct. I only detailed instructions for one use of the RealTrack Medley Maker and there are many other options to choose and create different variations of the playing order. As I also stated, the demonstration I outlined these steps is only a single method from several other ways to achieve variations of the playing order of the instrument. The MultiRiff option is another but Medleys can also be entered manually from the Bar Settings Page and custom settings placed at any bar determined by user input.

<< This is a misunderstanding.
Because I saw the previous reply. I think the different realtracks put in Medley can be called in random order. >>

Yes. You are misunderstanding. RealTracks can be installed anywhere on any track when using the RealTracks Button on the Bar Settings Page. Each RealTrack must be installed one at a time and will insert at a specific measure and remain until changed by another RealTrack Button command. Multiple RealTracks can be inserted at a measure. Any RealTrack can be used multiple times on a track because each of the original Legacy Tracks can have up to 10 RealTracks. Every RealTrack can be used and they can be placed in any order on a track. Regardless of the order, the RealTracks cannot be shuffled but will play in the order they were inserted onto a track.

An additional misunderstanding is your question, " So, Medley can only play sequentially, but can't control shuffled play?" The question was made in regard to the RealTrack Medley sub mixer and it is different from inserting RealTracks using the RealTracks Button located on the Bar Settings Page.
(Screenshot attached of RealTrack Medley Maker Page).

The RealTracks assigned from the RealTrack Medley Page can either be selected to play sequentially or simultaneously. It's one way or the other, the two cannot be mixed.

Attached picture Screenshot 2021-12-22 181502.png

The RealTracks assigned from the RealTrack Medley Page can either be selected to play sequentially or simultaneously. It's one way or the other, the two cannot be mixed.

What I thought at first was that you said that the content in the yellow circle can be played out of order.
But you start talking about bar settings again, and I know I misunderstood what you meant.
Because I keep asking "Medley"

Then I thought you wanted to say that bar settings can control "Medley"
The result is not.
So, I now know that it was a misunderstanding. These are two things.
The final conclusion is that "Medley" can only be played in sequence.

Attached picture 2021-12-23_080923.jpg
Attached picture 2021-12-23_081445.jpg
The Medley you are asking about, It's called the "RealTrack Medley Maker". The RealTrack Medley Maker can play in either of two modes, sequentially or all instruments can play simultaneously.

Controlling the Medley is done using the "Change to a new RealTrack every" drop down box and selecting Chorus (Default), Part Marker, 2, 4, 8,16,32 or Whole Song. Use the "Duplicate" Button to add the same instrument multiple times.
The Medley you are asking about, It's called the "RealTrack Medley Maker". The RealTrack Medley Maker can play in either of two modes, sequentially or all instruments can play simultaneously.

Controlling the Medley is done using the "Change to a new RealTrack every" drop down box and selecting Chorus (Default), Part Marker, 2, 4, 8,16,32 or Whole Song. Use the "Duplicate" Button to add the same instrument multiple times.

So here can only be played in order, and can't be played in random order.

Attached picture 2021-12-23_104106.jpg
<< So here can only be played in order, and can't be played in random order. >>

Correct.
<< So here can only be played in order, and can't be played in random order. >>

Correct.

Let us use the latest MultiRiffs grin
© PG Music Forums