PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix Multiriffs reuse? - 12/22/21 09:04 PM
Can Multiriffs be reused? Or do I have to regenerate Multiriffs every time I use it?
for example:
I used Multiriffs to generate a piano arp in bar 5 6 7 8
I like it very much and hope to reuse it, but I don’t want to regenerate it
Can I use the piano arp generated in bar 5 6 7 8 directly on bar 13 14 15 16 17

Still can’t, can only use Multiriffs to generate a piano arp on bar 13 14 15 16 again?

One sentence description of the question:
In the main BIAB program, can it be possible to reuse a piece of content generated by Multiriffs?

Attached picture 2021-12-23_075933.jpg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Multiriffs reuse? - 12/22/21 09:06 PM
<< One sentence description of the question:
In the main BIAB program, can it be possible to reuse a piece of content generated by Multiriffs? >>

One sentence answer to the question. Yes, you can copy/paste selections to any measure on any track in BIAB.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Multiriffs reuse? - 12/22/21 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Yes, you can copy/paste selections to any measure on any track in BIAB.

I copied and pasted, but the piano disappeared, there is no piano anymore.

Help me see which step is wrong, thank you

I made a video, remove the suffix .mp3

Attached File
1223.mp4.mp3  (2 downloads)
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Multiriffs reuse? - 12/22/21 10:56 PM
I downloaded and watched your video. I can make several suggestions.

First: You only copied the chords in the video and not the under-lying audio. They are two separate entities.

You must also copy/paste the audio. Do that from the Audio Editor.

Charlie
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Multiriffs reuse? - 12/22/21 11:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

You must also copy/paste the audio. Do that from the Audio Editor.

Charlie

I haven't learned how to copy audio in BIAB.
From my heart, I don't like to do audio editing work in BIAB. I just want to make a music profile, and then go to Studio ONE to edit it again.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Multiriffs reuse? - 12/22/21 11:29 PM
Another suggestion make sure the chords are complete for the whole song. Then save the .sgu and open it in Studio one in the BiaB plugin.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Multiriffs reuse? - 12/23/21 12:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Another suggestion make sure the chords are complete for the whole song. Then save the .sgu and open it in Studio one in the BiaB plugin.

OK.
I am not using the VST version of the BiaB plugin
I use the standalone version of the BiaB plugin, because I find the standalone version is more stable.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Multiriffs reuse? - 12/23/21 12:40 AM
They are the same concept. Use the one you want the suggestion is the same. I use the plugin almost every day in studio one. I have been using it since version 1 of the plugin.

If I can make a suggestion, it would be to not over think this. Just take your time and don’t try to learn everything at once. Learn as you need to. But most importantly complete some projects and have a great time doing it. I have been using Band in a Box since around 2003 and I am still learning cause if I don’t need a feature I don’t worry about it till I need it.
© PG Music Forums