PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul scroll in audio window - 01/04/22 04:51 AM
2022 914 and all that stuff.
hello

Iwhat i trying to get.

load audio file
enter acw window
zoom to about 4 bars visible
play audio at half speed and enter bar lines.

problem is, the audio window will not auto scroll past the 4 bars
and i would like to see the transients in the audio window whilst adding bar lines.

can anyone help.
i found a few posts regarding this issue from the past but didnt find any answers.

thanks.
Posted By: MoveToGroove Re: scroll in audio window - 01/04/22 05:38 AM
Hey paulpaul,

because of that problem, I set a high bar number in advance (e.g. 200). It's only a workaround, and often enough I forget to do it in advance. If there isn't another solution, this might be a good topic for the wishlist.
Posted By: thomasc Re: scroll in audio window - 01/04/22 10:49 AM
Hi

This seem to happen every now and then when doing different editing tasks within the Audio Edit Window.
Feels like a general instability and is a bit annoying.

Restart BIAB to get normal operation again ...
I haven't found any way to consistently reproduce the problem.

Maybe your procedure is stable enough to give PGmusic a clue to resolve all scrolling issues in the Audio Edit window

Thomas
Posted By: paulpaul Re: scroll in audio window - 01/04/22 02:07 PM
groovy move.
thanks for advice but i really want the zoom level at around 4 to 8 bars for ease of seeing, the bars get a bit compact for me if i show anymore than this.

thomasc
yeah, i tried the shut down bb and reopen as you suggested and it auto scrolled as it should but as soon as i did any editing it stopped auto scrolling.i suppose i will send report to SUPPORT and hope it doesnt months to sort(mild dig)lol laugh
Posted By: MoveToGroove Re: scroll in audio window - 01/04/22 02:42 PM
laugh
Posted By: thomasc Re: scroll in audio window - 01/04/22 07:49 PM
paulpaul

I tried your workflow above and it worked ok, but there for sure are scrolling problems.

So could you please detail every move you make smile
i.e.:
- what style is in use
- what location you import the audio to
- how many bars and choruses are set
- accessed via Audio Edit icon?
- auto marking enabled?
- auto analysis enabled?
- entering bar lines via L-keystrokes
- only happens at half speed?
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: scroll in audio window - 01/04/22 10:05 PM
This topic was discussed back in 2020 and I learned playback scrolling is disabled while the user is interacting with the editor. For example: clicking & dragging anywhere in the wave area, or moving one of the markers.

Style, curser location, bar settings, and so on have no effect. Any editing disables scrolling.
Posted By: thomasc Re: scroll in audio window - 01/05/22 01:57 PM
hi charlie

Quote:
Any editing disables scrolling.

I just tested quite a lot of editing and scrolling was not disabled at this time, so it worked fine.
There are however occasions when it does stop scrolling and the only option would be to exit and start BIAB again. I would call this a software bug.

I noticed the following that might provide some extra clue for the sw-team:
ctrl-x, ctrl-c and ctrl-v seemed to work ok but when the shortcuts from right hand mouse click is used then the scrolling stops.

Quote:
Style, curser location, bar settings, and so on have no effect

Yes, this should be the case but I requested the input from the op to see what was going on as it happened all the time ..., and that it possible would lead to have this bug resolved.

cheers
Thomas
Posted By: paulpaul Re: scroll in audio window - 01/05/22 03:47 PM
thomasc

This is the link to the youtube vid for audio edit overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vVmsfn9SM&ab_channel=PGMusicInc.

This is the example i used exactly as it shows, and using the shendoah biab music tutorial file.

Before any bar lines are added the auto scroll works but as soon as i add a bar line the auto scroll only scrolls within the visible audio window, it keeps playing but the wave view doesnt move.

If show the whole file i can see the scroll cursor moving but i want a zoom level of about 8 bars and for ease of viewing and expected the wave view to carry on viewing as it went past the 8 bar mark rather than remaining on the 1st 8 bars .

Posted By: thomasc Re: scroll in audio window - 01/05/22 06:34 PM
paulpaul

I proceeded as the video tutorial and it worked fine, i.e. no stop of scrolling in this case (still the bug issue as I described earlier).

Have you tried the ol' reset to factory settings?
Done a Norwegian reset? It's only applicable if you never do a power shut down ...
Do you have the standard installation paths?
Any other health issues, do a system check?

Seems like a local Yorkshire problem or could it be a brexit problem ...?
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: scroll in audio window - 01/05/22 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: thomasc
hi charlie

Quote:
Any editing disables scrolling.

I just tested quite a lot of editing and scrolling was not disabled at this time, so it worked fine.
There are however occasions when it does stop scrolling and the only option would be to exit and start BIAB again. I would call this a software bug.

I noticed the following that might provide some extra clue for the sw-team:
ctrl-x, ctrl-c and ctrl-v seemed to work ok but when the shortcuts from right hand mouse click is used then the scrolling stops.

Quote:
Style, curser location, bar settings, and so on have no effect

Yes, this should be the case but I requested the input from the op to see what was going on as it happened all the time ..., and that it possible would lead to have this bug resolved.

cheers
Thomas

Thanks for posting your thoughts Thomas. You're correct, it seems using the mouse is when scrolling is disabled.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: scroll in audio window - 01/07/22 05:31 AM
hello

update on my auto scroll problem.

after reading replies i tried the following.

open audio in acw window
press play
insert bar lines via keyboard shortcut(L)
auto scroll works fine.
then tried inserting bar lines via mouse.
auto scroll worked fine(maybe a fluke, i dont know)

click UT in the top right of audio window (image)
this is so i can mark point as bar 1.
i fount this was the only way i could right click once i was in UT mode to mark this point as bar one.

whilst in acw mode ,right click doesnt give option to mark point as bar one.

Anyway this is when auto scroll goes to pot and stops working.
I was always using this method because i always wanted to mark a certain point as bar one.

so in conclusion i now add bar line to where bar one is rather using the UT right click mark point as bar one option.

But i would say its still a bug laugh

Description: ut option and setting bar one seems cause the scroll problem
Attached picture audio scroll.jpg
© PG Music Forums