PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel Help with James Bond chord please - 01/09/22 04:42 PM
I know the chord is EmMaj7(9), that is EmMaj7 with an added 9 to give that unresolved, dissonant clanging ending.
I can see EmMaj7 in Chord Builder but it doesn't sound right in the piece. Ive tried EmMaj7/F# but that needed F# doesnt ring out like I expect - probably because its a Bass note and needs to be higher up like it would on the first string on a guitar (2nd fret).
Can you technical Musos help with an effective workaround - if there is one?
NOTE - The SGU is ALL RTs. No midi.
Bests
ian
Posted By: DrDan Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/09/22 05:23 PM
Could be called EmMaj9. You can't specify voicing in BIAB. At least up until now... How about using the new Playable RTs? grin This is your chance to blaze ahead. Let us know how it works?? grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/09/22 07:41 PM
I agree with Dan, try the Playable RealTracks.

You can't enter EmMaj9 in BIAB. If you could, it would have quite a mysterious sound, with the natural nine and the sharp nine (the minor third), though in different registers. I am familiar with this chord, though.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/09/22 11:00 PM
Do a YouTube search on "james bond chords". There's lots of great guitar videos on the various forms you can play.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/09/22 11:25 PM
Wishlist.

Trivia: Interestingly, in the early days of RealTracks, the piano track would often drop out if I used mMaj7 in a Bossa Nova song. It’s a well-used chord in Brazilian jazz. That was my first experience reporting an unsupported chord in BIAB. They did something with the Index and it was fixed in the next patch.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/10/22 07:19 AM
I already can play the chord on guitar. Its quite easy. I just wanted it in the backing too.
BB has EmMaj7 but not the 9. It is an odd chord for sure. Current workround is to hold EmMaj7... and play the guitar chord over it, so the F# (or is it Gb - dont know. Key is Em) rings loud and clear.
Not sure if PRT feature works on ALL RTs. Will check later.
Struggling to findd a Tute on PRTs. The YT Sales video for PRT tells you nothing really.
Bests
Ian
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/10/22 03:34 PM
You are all missing the point!! I am sure its a Em007
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/10/22 03:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms

Ha. I wonder, what did they call it before the movies?
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/10/22 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms

grin grin grin Love it, Love it, Love it!!!
Bests
Ian
Erm - can't find it in the chord picker crazy
Posted By: HomerDawg Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/10/22 10:57 PM

Hello sixchannel.
Try EmMaj9.
A Major 9th chord always implies a Major 7th is present as well. If the chord had an F# (a 9th) but NOT a D# (Harmonic 7th of the E minor scale), then you would say Em Add 9.
-HomerDawg
Posted By: HomerDawg Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/10/22 11:10 PM
or perhaps a G+Maj7/E (G augmented major 7th with an "E" in the bass of the chord) ?
Posted By: jford Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/12/22 08:53 PM
If you've got BIAB 2022, perhaps you could try adding the 9th with a playable Realtrack. Just a thought.
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Help with James Bond chord please - 01/12/22 11:25 PM
Not that this will be at all useful, but I found it interesting when I noticed that "A(Bond)" i.e. AmMaj9, which is

A – C – E – G# – B

can easily be seen as an A minor (3 lowest notes) combined with an E Major (3 highest notes).
© PG Music Forums