PG Music Home
Posted By: MovingAir Locks up when adding channel plugins - 03/03/22 03:29 PM
So I don't normally add plugins to the channels in BIAB, because I usually transfer tracks into my DAW and do what I'd like from there. However, I'm working on a project where I'd rather just dump down a stereo mix right from BIAB to keep my track count down.
So I have a couple of guitar tracks set to direct output, and I went to put Amplitube on it, and I hit "Chose plugin" and it just freezes. Task manager doesn't say that it's stopped responding: for all intents and purposes, it appears that the program is still functioning correctly to Windows. However, BIAB is COMPLETELY frozen. I have to end it in task manager then reopen it. But it freezes up every time I attempt to add a plugin.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Locks up when adding channel plugins - 03/03/22 04:11 PM
Each mixer track has four plugin slots. Slot 1 (far left) is normally reserved for the default Band-in-a-Box MIDI sound module. If you are placing Amplitude in Slot 1 that conflict maybe why BiaB is freezing.

Try adding plugins to slot 2, 3 or 4.
Hello MovingAir,

What is your current version and build of Band-in-a-Box? You can find this information by clicking | Help | About Band-in-a-Box |
Originally Posted By: MovingAir
So I don't normally add plugins to the channels in BIAB, because I usually transfer tracks into my DAW and do what I'd like from there. However, I'm working on a project where I'd rather just dump down a stereo mix right from BIAB to keep my track count down.
So I have a couple of guitar tracks set to direct output, and I went to put Amplitube on it, and I hit "Chose plugin" and it just freezes. Task manager doesn't say that it's stopped responding: for all intents and purposes, it appears that the program is still functioning correctly to Windows. However, BIAB is COMPLETELY frozen. I have to end it in task manager then reopen it. But it freezes up every time I attempt to add a plugin.

If it's not showing as unresponsive, it could be that the choose plugin window has popped open but for some reason is hidden. You can try hitting alt and tab to tab through your different windows, and if this is the case, you may see another BIAB window that's open. Alt+Tabbing to it would bring that window to the front, and then once you finish with it and/or close it, then BIAB should be fully accessible again.
Posted By: MovingAir Re: Locks up when adding channel plugins - 03/05/22 08:22 PM
My current version is BIAB audiophile 2022 (918). The newest one as of now.

So I bypassed the first slot, as was suggested, and the same thing happens: As soon as I hit "Choose plugin" it stops responding to anything. It still hasn't crashed, according to the task manager, but it is COMPLETELY unresponsive to anything. And there are no hidden windows. I've checked.

It is a frustrating glitch.

And if anyone is wondering, my system has a Ryzen 5900x processor with 32GB of RAM.
Air.
more details please.
when this occurs are you running bb 32 bit or bb 64 bit.

if your running bb 64 bit and your plug ins are older..
try them in bb 32 bit...and report back.
now caveat i might be wrong , i just have a suspicion of what the prob might be.
also..please detail the name of the plugs your trying to use...so their specs can be looked up.
here with my bb 2022/918 if i'm useing older plug ins
i use bb 32 bit.
i have some really old vst plug ins i like a lot..
from computer music mag uk.....
so i use bb 32 bit for them.

ps what is your daw the plug ins work flawlessly in ?

ymmv/hth

best
om
Posted By: MovingAir Re: Locks up when adding channel plugins - 03/05/22 09:17 PM
I run BIAB 64-bit. However, And I believe it's only searching the 64-bit VST folder. I'll have to double-check that.
Hey MovingAir! We wanted to pop in and see if you were still having issues with this at all. If you are, let us know! Or you can always reach out to support@pgmusic.com as well if you prefer.
Posted By: MovingAir Re: Locks up when adding channel plugins - 03/26/22 12:31 PM
Yes. It still locks up any time I hit "Choose plugin" from the drop-down menu. Totally frozen.
And I updated to v. 920 as well. No change.
© PG Music Forums