PG Music Home
I think I've reported this before, but have found the bug again, and not found my report so here goes.

I'm setting the soundfont for VSTSythFont64 as a DXi/VSTi synthesiser and am trying to set the soundfont file via the [Options] button, but the Options dialog opens behind the "[Default Synth][Slot 1]" dialog. (Ignore the red loop around GM.DLS ... that was for someone I was trying to help)

One can work around it by moving the parent dialog aside before clicking [Options], but it's clearly a bug.

Gordon.

Attached picture SoundFont.jpeg
Hi Gordon,
I'll make sure this is brought to the attention of the developers.
The problem is caused by the MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup dialog being open before you try to access the plugin's Options.

Using the MIDI/Audio Drivers Setup dialog to get to the default synth window is not ideal, since that causes you to re-select the VSTSynthFont each time. Re-selecting causes a fresh new instance of the plugin.

A better way to quickly open the default synth window is to use the Plugins button (to the left of the MIDI button) and click on Default Synth.

Attached picture default synth from MISC.png
That's interesting/curious.

You're right that if I get there via the Plugins button it works as expected.
You're right that getting there via The MIDI/Audio drivers option gives the hidden-dialog lockup.

What seems odd is that in the former case the "Options" dialog open in the foreground, but in the latter case it opens behind, resulting in the lockup.

Clearly via Plugins is the neater option, but there's still clearly a bug.
© PG Music Forums