PG Music Home
Posted By: Boots49 Multiriff (Re-generate part of RealTracks) - 03/29/22 02:08 PM
Hi all,

I posted the issue below in the Beginners Forum a few days ago, but thought I'd put it here to see if anyone had any thoughts or experience with this issue.

First, I love the new addition in 2022 of being able to re-generate just a bar or section of bars of a track, instead of doing the whole track!
I have been using it with great success, until I started working on a new song. It works fine on a couple of tracks, but on two others, it acts strange. On the good ones, after clicking on "Generate Now" it backs up one bar from the bar I wanted to change before playing, which is great as it gives you a little perspective.
But on two other tracks, it backs up all the way to the beginning of the song, which is inconvenient to have to wait for the changed bars to play, especially if they are much further on in the song, but then when it gets to the bars I asked it to generate, there is no sound in those bars. Odd. All the settings on the Multiriff dialogue box are the same.

I did discover what I think is causing the problem though, and hopefully someone might be able to suggest a way around it.
When I originally wrote the song, to get the feeling I wanted, I set the tempo at 176 bpm. The drums, bass, guitars and a solo fiddle were fine. But when I was looking for certain fiddle and banjo parts they were at slower speeds, and when generated in the song they were way to fast and busy, so I went to Track Settings/Track Timebase and chose Half Time. I did this for both of the tracks and they then sounded great. It turns out that these are the tracks that don't want to respond correctly to the Re-Generation of parts of the tracks.
So, other than re-adjusting the entire song to a new slower tempo, and re-choosing the existing good tracks, does anyone have any thoughts on getting around this quirk?

Thanks to all in advance!
Hi All,
Just an FYI, the staff at PG Music has been able to re-produce the bug causing this issue and will be working on it.
If anyone else has experienced this bug, please let them know as that will help expedite the fix release.
Cheers
Hello Boots49,

Thank you for reaching out as well as posting an update in this thread. We will be working to correct this bug and add a fix to the next update if possible.
Thanks Jerry! Looking forward to the fix. That new feature allowing one to re-generate just a Bar or series of Bars on a track is great!
For anyone who may need it in the future, you can stay up to date on official patch releases here: https://www.pgmusic.com/support.htm
© PG Music Forums