PG Music Home
Hi PGM, all,

I wonder if you already thought about such a thing?

The magic would be, that we could create more styles with Biabs great ressources. It needed "only" be transfered to a yamaha readable format (which is basically a midi format as I understood it).
As Yamaha sells a lot of keyboards this could be an attractive reason for entertainers to use Biab for that feature alone too.

Also the style creater feature could be linked in, comming from a midi file point to this topic.

Any ideas about that? What do you think?

Cheers
Stefan
The Yamaha style format is proprietary to Yamaha just like the PG Music style format is proprietary to PG Music. So PG Music is not able to create a PG Music to Yamaha style convertor. Yamaha would need to license development data to PG Music or agree to support PG Music's effort to develop a convertor.

With your request in mind, an internet search reveals several standard MIDI to Yamaha style convertors exist. Perhaps you will find one of them helpful.
Hi Jim,

then is your suggestion to me, that I save the songs in Biab not as MGU but as Midi file an go from there?
I did not think about saving the things I do in Biab in any othere format than the standard one.
But I could do.....

Thanks for your recommondations.

Cheers
Stefan
Hello Jim,

I read your answer again in a better state of mind and I find it useful.
Sure, I will look for these convertors and do the midi to Yamaha thing :-)

Thanks for your tipp.

It would be nice, if PGM could relate with a major keyboard supplier like Yamaha, to a have a simple "save as" possibility to make it directly available without going over midi and converting with extra tools.

Does Yamaha not know what great product Band in a Box is for musicians? They should.
"PGM if you are listening" (great quote of our times) Spread your wings PGM and make the world support your product!

Cheers Stefan
If Biab could do that then you could just convert them all over to Keyboard Styles, upload them to the internet and everyone would download and use them in their keyboards without PG getting paid for them.
They are easy enough to convert manually for your own use.

A way I would like to see is be able to use keyboard styles in Biab the same way JJazzLab does.
I tried converting them to Biab styles but it was too much of a hassle with the old style maker and trying to create a multi style for all the different sections in the keyboard styles.
Thanks for the kind words Stefan!

The best way to go between platforms is using a common file type, such as MIDI. The specific proprietary file types used in Band-in-a-Box are purposeful, as they likely are to Yamaha and others, because they allow the greatest flexibility and compatibility within the range of products offered. Our .STY files are compatible with most versions of Band-in-a-Box and they even cross platforms between Mac and Windows! As nice as it is to have wide compatibility, the major focus of most companies is to make their products offer the most flexibility within their product range.
Originally Posted By: Jerry - PG Music
Thanks for the kind words Stefan!

You are welcome Jerry!
Quote:
It would be nice, if PGM could relate with a major keyboard supplier like Yamaha, to a have a simple "save as" possibility to make it directly available without going over midi and converting with extra tools.

I don't see how PG Music would gain anything from the effort. First there is the question of who best to partner with, Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Nord, Arturia and so on. Second how would PG Music recover whatever licensing fee the keyboard manufacturer charges?

Other associations PG Music has made such as Spleeter, SoundCloud or YouTube haven't stuck around very long.

Perhaps you can create a post in the +++ BiaB Wishlist +++ forum section to get an idea of how much support there is for the idea.
© PG Music Forums