PG Music Home
As new releases come out with lsts of fixes, I wonder when the issues with recording a melody track will get fixed. BIAB is unique in the sense that it is easy to create a leadsheet with chords and melody for copyright purposes, but the process of recording melody is fraught with known bugs, and just seems to get worse instead of better.
1. Record from Bar# - should work from the first dialog box, but then opens a new window with a useless audio option, and the measure you wanted to record from just disappears, and you need to re-enter it. Also on the new useless window, it defaults to "start of song" even though you chose "record from bar#" from the menu.
2. the newest bug is that after the melody is recorded, it does not play until you exit biab and reopen it! Also, in the piano roll window, it used to play the note when you clicked on it or entered a new note or moved it up or down. Nope, that doesn't work anymore.
Quote:
Also, in the piano roll window, it used to play the note when you clicked on it or entered a new note or moved it up or down. Nope, that doesn't work anymore.

I'm not sure that this is a problem for most users.

What version / build of BiaB do you have, and what is your MIDI / Audio setup?

This is working here without issues. Are you using <Shift><Ctrl>Click when entering a note?

Attached picture 2022-04-26_12-27-05.jpg
Thinking further, are you using an ASIO driver that cannot be shared across multiple applications, and you have more than one application running simultaneously?

If so, can you try WAS or MME to see if that makes a difference?
This is where to set the Audio Driver.
Options > MIDI/Audio Driver Setup:

Attached picture 2022-04-26_14-57-27.jpg
We did a quick test and so far have not been able to reproduce your described issues in version 2022, build 920: https://www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#920

We agree that answering the above questions would help in narrowing down the cause of these problems.
Chantelle,

A problem that I have with MIDI on the Melody track may be related to this.

If I leave BIAB open and unused for a hour or so, when I go back to the program to write a melody on the Melody track, there is no MIDI playback. The only way I can get MIDI working again for this track is to restart BIAB.

I'll write a note in the testing forum for the BIAB updates.

Regards,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96

If I leave BIAB open and unused for a hour or so, when I go back to the program to write a melody on the Melody track, there is no MIDI playback. The only way I can get MIDI working again for this track is to restart BIAB.

I'll write a note in the testing forum for the BIAB updates.

Regards,
Noel

Hi Noel, that is an interesting observation. Thanks for leaving he note in the testing forums. We will keep an eye out for this as well.
Originally Posted By: MicWells

1. Record from Bar# - should work from the first dialog box

Originally Posted By: MicWells

2. the newest bug is that after the melody is recorded, it does not play until you exit biab and reopen it!

These bugs are fixed in build 923:
Download build 923
© PG Music Forums