PG Music Home
Hi,

When I have a file with a tag and I double click after the tag to launch playback from after the tag, playback launches from within the chorus range.

For example, I have an 8 bar intro, 9-41 chorus (x3), and then a tag at the end of 30 on the third chorus to skip to 42 to play bars 42-86 once.

When I double click bar 62, for example, it launches playback from apparently random bar 29 (during the 2nd chorus). This also happens if I try to regenerate a track using F8 from bar 62.

This has happened on other files/songs in the same context where I try to start after the tag.

I hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions?

Note - I did reach out to support chat and reset my factory settings, deleted my a couple of files as instructed (don't recall now) and launched program as admin. No success. I have filled the online form for further support.
Another (workaround?) method that might work is to right-click on the chord cell and select the required chorus:

Attached picture 2022-05-03_1-56-53.jpg
Look in Prefs for what you want, options for the space bar.
Thank you for the feedback.

I also hit ctrl-f if I recall and choose it to play from the specified bar.

However when I want to generate to new set of, say, four bars of piano or whatever it may be by using F8, even though it shows the range that will be generated, it does not play from there, but instead in the chorus.

Sorry if this sounds confusing! I just want to use F8 to generate a new run for a track over 4 bars, but if it is outside the looped chorus range, it will not start from where I have highlighted the range.

Tom.
© PG Music Forums