PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix Common chords in chord bulider - 05/06/22 01:30 AM
I just noticed Common chords in chord bulider today.

I find this design very useful.

However, when I clicked, I found that the sound was a bell. Can it be changed to a piano?

The most important thing is that the sound is different every time you click. For example, if I click C, but there will be a different sound, can it be fixed as one? The first click is a feeling, the second is bian

Attached picture 2022-05-06_121452.jpg
Hello, if you change the MIDI patch on the second track from the top of the Mixer, then it will change the sound of what plays in the Chord Builder. We tested this, and even if a RealTrack is loaded to this track, go through the steps of selecting an Acoustic Piano MIDI patch to it and it works. If it is a RealTrack there, this will not change the RealTrack that plays. But if you are already using a MIDI track and you like the bell sound in your song, then we suggest copying this track to a Utility track first.

To change the MIDI patch, click on the second track in the Mixer, and go to Select MIDI Instruments Patch | Select General MIDI Patch | 1. Acoustic Piano.
Posted By: alan S. Re: Common chords in chord bulider - 05/06/22 12:05 PM
Very useful and educational addon indeed. Especially the pull down menu against each chord.

Future improvements could include:

Slash chords with chromatic bass notes

Including dimMaj7 as a chord option (needs adding anyway to the chord list )

b5th substitutions

Other parallel harmony options based on negative diatonic harmony with a shifted axis

A Modal version of the app with a full list of scales and possible chords.

Progression builder try outs based on the number of common tones between chords

* There should also be the ability to double the slash chord bass tone in the upper register instrument
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Common chords in chord bulider - 05/06/22 12:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music
Hello, if you change the MIDI patch on the second track from the top of the Mixer, then it will change the sound of what plays in the Chord Builder. We tested this, and even if a RealTrack is loaded to this track, go through the steps of selecting an Acoustic Piano MIDI patch to it and it works. If it is a RealTrack there, this will not change the RealTrack that plays. But if you are already using a MIDI track and you like the bell sound in your song, then we suggest copying this track to a Utility track first.

To change the MIDI patch, click on the second track in the Mixer, and go to Select MIDI Instruments Patch | Select General MIDI Patch | 1. Acoustic Piano.

Following your tip, I noticed the Thru track.
Then I can change the timbre. It worked.

However, there is a change in the chord sound every time you click, which I don't want. Not a change in timbre, more like a change in chord position.
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

However, there is a change in the chord sound every time you click, which I don't want. Not a change in timbre, more like a change in chord position.

You can specify the chord you want to hear by clicking the "dot" button beside the chord name here:

Attached picture chord_builder_listening_options.png
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Common chords in chord bulider - 05/06/22 08:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music

You can specify the chord you want to hear by clicking the "dot" button beside the chord name here:

thanks
What I want to display on the interface, whichever is clicked is the sound.
Because I want to find melodic inspiration by clicking here. If it changes every time, it will have an impact, and if you click three points, it will be inconvenient.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Common chords in chord bulider - 05/06/22 09:54 PM

thanks
What I want to display on the interface, whichever is clicked is the sound.
Because I want to find melodic inspiration by clicking here. If it changes every time, it will have an impact, and if you click three points, it will be inconvenient.

Thanks for the feedback! We're always looking for more ways to improve the program. The chord building usually requires a couple of different clicks because you're basically "building" the aspects you want to have by listening to what you're building as you go along, but if you have some ideas for how you'd like to see this improved upon we can certainly pass that along to the developers as a wishlist item for that feature! smile
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: Common chords in chord bulider - 05/06/22 11:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
[quote=swingbabymix]

Thanks for the feedback! We're always looking for more ways to improve the program. The chord building usually requires a couple of different clicks because you're basically "building" the aspects you want to have by listening to what you're building as you go along, but if you have some ideas for how you'd like to see this improved upon we can certainly pass that along to the developers as a wishlist item for that feature! smile

thanks

When I select C, then the sound effect is the same every click.
So, I can click on different chords and hum a melody.

Now C is selected, but the sound changes every time I click, affecting my humming.
That's what I mean. Hope to have an option, no change.
In addition, if convenient, add a keyboard to the upper part or the lower part.
© PG Music Forums