PG Music Home
I run BIAB on 2 different PC's for my studio one in the studio and the other a laptop.

But the style picker seems to work differently on both and I don't know what I did to change the one on my laptop.

So if I pick a style on my PC in the studio and then want to change it, when reopening the style picker it puts me at the location where the style I have in my current song is, which is what I want.

On my laptop when I change styles it reverts to the top of the list each time and as I almost always sort by tempo I often have to scroll down several pages to get where the style I currently have is...which is a pain.

Any idea as to what I need to do to get the style picker to open on the style I currently have running?

I have scoured the settings but could not find anything that fixed this issue.

Thanks

Tony
Hi Tony,

It's been a while since I last saw you on the forums!

Try setting the stylepicker options as shown below. This might do the job for you.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture setting stylepicker options 2020.jpg

Thanks for that Noel the same thing had been annoying me for ages.
This choice was a requested feature. It does catch folks every so often, though.
nice! thanks
Wow! Who would know where to dig so deep! Thanks!
The action Noel generously suggested leaves the last used style highlighted, but after closing and re-opening the stylepicker, it sill brings you back to the top of the list. You still have to scroll to find the highlighted style.

edit:
I'm using the latest beta build 923
Originally Posted By: bloc-head
The action Noel generously suggested leaves the last used style highlighted, but after closing and re-opening the stylepicker, it sill brings you back to the top of the list. You still have to scroll to find the highlighted style.

edit:
I'm using the latest beta build 923

The same happens with me and 923. It never used to be like this. I'll try some earlier builds and see what happens.
Yes this is a new feature of 2022. It is really annoying when you want to go back to the picker to the next style in the list for example and have to scroll down to where it is. At least it stays highlighted so you can find it. I seem to remember this not being the case last years version. It would always open to the highlighted style right away, no scrolling as it were.
Thank you all for your responses. We will pass this along to the development team.
Hey Noel,

Thanks for the info I did try it but it didn't seem to help. When I changed it to ALWAYS the style I currently had would be highlighted as expected. So I clock ok and close the window, but when I open it the menu is back to sorted at the top at 40BPM as I have the styles sorted by tempo.

As for not being on the forums, fortunately my recording studio has been crazy busy, so BIAB is paying for itself, ya gotta love that.
Hi Tony,

Yes. This is not how it used to work. As others have also mentioned, this setting is not working as it used to.

To get an idea of how it used to work...

1) Set the stylepicker options I mentioned way above to "Always".

2) Select a new style for your chordsheet. (Choose one that's a couple of pages down in stylepicker.)

3) Exit to the chordsheet.

4) Now go back into stylepicker.
When I do this, the style is highlighted but I have to scroll down to find it.

5) Instead of scrolling down, go back into stylepicker options and change "Always" to "Sometimes".

Now when I exit options, the highlighted style is visible on the screen and I no longer have to scroll.

This is how stylepicker used to display the highlighted style. That is, it automatically located it and adjusted the view to display it. That does not happen now.

Jerry from PG Music as reported this to the developers so it will be fixed.

Regards,
Noel
Great thanks guys...

But I found a work around of sorts.

If you set it to always and then click ok, it will not work as you have said...however if you click in the CLEAR or REFRESH buttons it then pops you the style you currently have in BIAB.

Tony
Originally Posted By: Antho1965
...if you click in the CLEAR or REFRESH buttons it then pops you the style you currently have in BIAB.
Tony

Tony,

This is an excellent workaround. Thanks for taking the time to find it!

Much appreciated,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Originally Posted By: Antho1965
...if you click in the CLEAR or REFRESH buttons it then pops you the style you currently have in BIAB.
Tony

Tony,
This is an excellent workaround. Thanks for taking the time to find it!
Much appreciated,
Noel
Great... Thanks Tony & Noel

Originally Posted By: Jerry - PG Music
Thank you all for your responses. We will pass this along to the development team.
Thanks Jerry and Team PG
© PG Music Forums