PG Music Home
Posted By: bobc Can I audition solos and soloists ? - 05/09/22 10:33 PM
Is there a way to audition a solo or soloist before it is selected and generates ?

I can do this to select a Style but don't know how to audition a solo or soloist or if it is even possible.

Can this be done ?

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can I audition solos and soloists ? - 05/09/22 11:48 PM
Hi Bob,

There is indeed a way. Enter into Realtrack Picker and you'll be able to filter the Realtracks, scroll through them and preview them.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture realtrack picker 2022.JPG
Posted By: bobc Re: Can I audition solos and soloists ? - 05/10/22 09:38 AM
Thanks for taking the time, the quick reply Noel, and good news, as it is what I was hoping for.

It just made no sense to me that you can test out Styles on the Styles picker page but
apparently not on the Solos picker page. Didn't think to check the Realtracks Picker !

Sure wish the user interface would be updated- it is so cluttered. Still gotta love it though- I still have my floppy disks...

Best, and thanks again,

Bob
Posted By: bobc Re: Can I audition solos and soloists ? - 05/10/22 12:11 PM
Noel-
Let me see if I got this right now.

1)To audition and select a soloist, I go to Real Track Picker Dialog box and audition and select a soloist.

2) THEN to add the auditioned soloist from step 1) to my song, I go to Soloist>Generate and Play a Solo.

3) The soloist I selected from Step 1) (the Picker Dialog box) should be highlighted then. And I specify where and how long the solo will be from the CUSTOM box where I specify the starting bar for the solo and how many bars the solo goes.

Correct ?

If so, sure seems like a long and confusing process, but if it works I am happy. Am I missing something ?

I guess what is confusing me is I can go to the Styles picker and pick Real Track styles which have a "soloist".
What is the difference between these soloists embedded in a Style with Soloist and a soloist picked from the Real Track Picker ?

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Can I audition solos and soloists ? - 05/10/22 12:12 PM
Hi Bob.

Excellent. I'm glad to hear that Realtrack Picker does the job.

If you get a chance... at the bottom of your first post that started this thread, there is a "Resolved" button. Could you please click on that now that you are happy with the results of your post? It helps other users identify that a problem has been solved and that the thread might be useful for them to unwrap.

Pop back any time you need a hand. There are a lot of good people in these forums. The combined understanding of everyone makes for a dozen truckloads of knowledge and understanding!

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums