PG Music Home
Posted By: cooltouch Help! I want my old Mixer back -- SOLVED - 05/10/22 11:02 AM
OK, I don't know what I did to get things turned around. I was clicking on some of the options at the top of the mixer and looking around. And the last thing I clicked on was the icon for docking/undocking the mixer. And when I clicked on it to be redocked, ka-blooee! Everything had changed. After fiddling around with it a while, I managed to get it part way back, but it's still not all the way there yet. I'm still looking around for something I can click on telling the program to put the original mixer back, but I haven't found it yet.

Okay, right now, I'm trying to display an image I created by doing a printscreen, cropping it, then uploading it to my website, but for whatever reason this forum software doesn't seem to like my url information because it's just showing blank space where the image should be.

What I'm seeing is truncated information on the left side of the mixer -- a smaller box for the description of the instrument, as well as a smaller area that shows the mixer meter for that channel, plus the addition of a bunch of blank "utility" channels. If I click on the option where only the active channels are shown, this gets rid of all the utility channels, but also it gets rid of the solo and audio channels that I'm accustomed to seeing even if they don't have any data. You know -- the way the old mixer works.

So, my apologies for not being able to display an image -- too bad this forum software doesn't have provisions for uploading an image file for display -- but I'm hoping you can puzzle out what I need based on my descriptions.
Posted By: cooltouch Re: Help! I want my old Mixer back - 05/10/22 09:44 PM
Hmm . . . howabout I just post a link to the image?

http://michaelmcbroom.com/images/biab_mixer.jpg

At some point in my attempts to get things restored, I switched from MIDI volume measurement to dB, which you can see with one channel that was maxed out. But that shouldn't matter -- should it?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Help! I want my old Mixer back - 05/10/22 11:13 PM
I'm getting a browser warning blocking the image.

But as an easy way to fix this for the moment without diagnosing the cause, try Options, Return to Factory Settings.
Posted By: Lee N Re: Help! I want my old Mixer back - 05/11/22 04:52 AM
I can see the image. Looks like you've changed the panel height.
Click on the "cog" in the top right, there you set the panel height min and max.
In addition to Lee's advice, you could also try clicking the Eye icon and select "Show Active, Hide Inactive". Having fewer tracks showing in the mixer will also make them not as squished.
Posted By: cooltouch Re: Help! I want my old Mixer back - 05/11/22 01:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I had tried messing with the panel height before -- but I only played around with the max height. Just now I increased the min height, which got set to 19, to 40. That seems to have done the trick. It appears to be back to normal now.

Matt, I think the reason why you were getting a browser warning is because my website is still the old http and not https. Gotta fix that one of these days.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Help! I want my old Mixer back - 05/11/22 02:19 PM
Michael, yes, I only go to sites with the secure certificate.
© PG Music Forums