PG Music Home
Update: After reboot its now working. Odd!

Original: I've reached out to BIAB and now waiting for their help. In the mean time I'm wondering if anyone has come across this problem?

I cannot play anything in BIAB. Its silent. No intro clicks, nothing. Its as if its not even attempting to play the chords. However I can play style demos but not play through my own chords I've laid out. I've even opened a recent song and even that doesn't play. I've recently upgraded to Windows 11. Everything I have is installed according to the program.

Any help would be appreciated.
Paul, we should be able to help, and it’s good you told us you use Windows 11. That probably takes me out of this problem, but for others, can you provide more info?

What version and build of BIAB?

What is your sound card?

What audio driver did you seldct? Try MME just to diagnose.

What changed in your system since it did work?

Edit: I see you solved it. Good. You can edit your post and check Mark as Resolved.
A common issue after an operating system update or upgrade is the audio settings for Windows and Band-in-a-Box are different. Windows likes to default to 24 bit depth and 48Khz sample rate which is the standard usually associated with video production. Band-in-a-Box prefers 16 bit depth and 44.1Khz sample rate which is the standard usually associated with compact disk audio production.
There can be a few different causes for something like this, such as RealTracks not being installed properly, something in the MIDI settings needing to be adjusted, something in the program's audio settings needing to be adjusted, or something with the computer's audio settings needing to change. We're glad to hear that a simple reboot fixed it for you! If this starts happening again, or if this happens to anyone else reading the thread, please feel free to contact us directly and we'll help guide you through the various possibilities to find a resolution.
© PG Music Forums