PG Music Home
Posted By: Ian Fraser BSOD has me wondering - 01/19/10 04:03 PM

BB2010 (292) and RB2010 (2b) are working fine on the USB. The USB has its program files copied and parked on my 2nd HD as backup.
I don’t really trust the USB. I want to install the 2010 as an upgrade package to my C:\BB – which is 2008.5.
Yesterday using the Band-in-a-Box setup.exe I used Option 2 for upgrade so that I could leave Drums and RealTracks on the USB.
Halfway through the install I was hit with a BSOD related to KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR – a whole page of info which I didn’t copy, something about a dump and I had to reboot.
That I can tell, most of the RB install never happened. XP Home SP2, 512 RAM, 1GB pagesys, lots of hard disk room but not for RDs and RTs on C. Avast and Spybot turned off during the process.

Any idea what happened? How should I clean this up? I would still like the BB and RB programs on my C Drive.

Thanks for any help - Ian
Posted By: Mac Re: BSOD has me wondering - 01/19/10 04:09 PM
I would just try rebooting the machine and running the Installer again right overtop of whatever is there or not.

If you are using a laptop, make sure it is plugged into AC power...

--Mac
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: BSOD has me wondering - 01/19/10 04:56 PM
Mac -
Ran the installer again and the process completed - thanks. No BSOD this time.
I should be able to direct the C Programs: BB, RB and PT to the X:\BB\Drums and RealTracks folders. Right? Even if the XX:\BB is an active, but unused, program? Or would I be better putting the Drums and Realtracks in root folders on X:\ as Drums, RealTracks?

Ian
Posted By: Ryszard Re: BSOD has me wondering - 01/19/10 05:10 PM
You're okay directing BIAB to the RTracks and -Drums in their present locations on the outboard drive.

R.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: BSOD has me wondering - 01/19/10 05:27 PM
Thanks Ryszard. Anything else I should be aware of.
Ques - Builds to appropriate C Drive programs BUT what about RT and RD patches and updates? They would be able to be applied to the outboard drive location? Yes?

Ian
Posted By: Mac Re: BSOD has me wondering - 01/19/10 05:31 PM
Yes, just direct the updater using the Browse button when you install.

Remember, the RealDrums and RealTracks folder name is the end of the string, so you simply direct it to X:\bb and not to the name of the folders.

--Mac
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: BSOD has me wondering - 01/19/10 06:27 PM
Thanks all - mission accomplished, all updated and functioning well to date.

Cheers - Ian
© PG Music Forums