PG Music Home
Posted By: ZeroZero Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/23/22 07:40 AM
For some reason I am not able to change fonts at all. Prefs/Display/Colors - nothing is working, whatever selection I make (chords main, chords additional etc) npthing is changing. My aim is to display chords in chord display as Comic Sans.

Any ideas guys?

thank you

Z
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/23/22 07:48 AM
You have to reboot band in a box for changes to take effect
Posted By: Brille Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/23/22 09:03 AM
Maybe your computer just shows good taste in design and refuses to use Comic Sans on principle? Well, fun.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/23/22 11:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Brille
Maybe your computer just shows good taste in design and refuses to use Comic Sans on principle? Well, fun.

grin grin grin
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/23/22 01:30 PM
Ha! I know font designers and graphic artists all love to hate on Comic Sans, but I find no problem with it.
Originally Posted By: ZeroZero
You have to reboot band in a box for changes to take effect

This should have been necessary - just hitting okay to see the change take effect should have been enough in the display dialogue. Once that dialogue closed out and you were back on the main Band-in-a-Box screen, you should have seen the change. But it only happened when you reboot Band-in-a-Box entirely for you?
Posted By: Brille Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/24/22 07:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Ha! I know font designers and graphic artists all love to hate on Comic Sans, but I find no problem with it.

Matt, are you sure? (I love your 2006 record musically and typographically :-)

Attached picture brazilianwish.gif
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/24/22 03:28 PM
Does anyone know what happened to color schemes?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/25/22 01:59 PM

I could try to answer, but could you provide more information first?
Were these color schemes that used to be there and are no longer available?
Or were these items in the wish list that may / may not have been implemented?

There are some 'skins' available from the Display options > Choose Skins button. It will only show skins that you have available on your installation.

More information would be helpful.

Attached picture 2022-06-26_2-57-12.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/25/22 02:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Brille
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley

Matt, are you sure? (I love your 2006 record musically and typographically :-)
I’ve had great reviews and compliments about the music, but no one ever mentioned the typography before! Producing a record certainly involves many tasks.
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/25/22 02:37 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack

There are some 'skins' available from the Display options > Choose Skins button. It will only show skins that you have available on your installation.

Color schemes have been part of BIAB for years. They contain various settings font styles background colors etc My favorite was one called Allanah Chocolate or something like this. There was a drop down list with about 20 or so schemes.
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack

Color schemes have been part of BIAB for years. They contain various settings font styles background colors etc My favorite was one called Allanah Chocolate or something like this. There was a drop down list with about 20 or so schemes.

Is this the feature you were thinking of? This post is a bit out-dated as it's from 2017, but this sounds like what you might have been thinking of: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=404737
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/26/22 08:43 AM

How/where did you access this drop down list from?
In about 2018 they introduced Display Options, allowing you to set whatever colors, fonts, size etc that you want. Maybe this replaced 'color schemes'?
Posted By: ZeroZero Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/26/22 03:03 PM
I think it's gone Audio track. It used to be in Prefs/colors as I remember. I have done something similar to my former colors manually now.
I mourn the loss of these schemes smile
Posted By: Brille Re: Unable to change fonts [Resolved] - 06/27/22 07:24 AM
The color shemes are gone. They were stored as ".BBC" files in the folder "\Data\Images\color_scheme_files" in earlier Band in a Box versions.
With the current version, the factory schemes are stored as files with ".csc" extension. I renamed some of the bbc files to "*.scs". But they are apparently not compatible with the old ".bbc" files. There is no error message when calling them, the colors change too, but they do not appear correctly as intended.
Maybe it would be a good idea to include a set of csc files in the next build that correspond to the 15 or so old bbc files.
© PG Music Forums