Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Strange Multiriff Behavior - 07/08/22 03:59 AM
I am using 3 styles as follows,

intro, solo and bridge
_INDIEH.STY

verse
_LOSTTOY.STY

chorus
_TERROR.STY

I am changing styles using Bar Settings.

Everything was working fine until I tried to use Multiriff to fine tune a few bars of the RealTrack named 3724:Guitar. I found that if I change any bar or bars that are set to _INDIEH.STY those bars will work fine and allow me to choose my preferred multiriff. But then I find that all other bars using that style have erased the RealTrack named 3724:Guitar!

Am I doing something wrong or is this just some erratic Multiriff behavior?

Below is a quick and easy way to duplicate this.

1) Create a new song with 12 bars.
2) Set the song's style to _INDIEH.STY
3) Use bar settings to change style to _LOSTTOY.STY at bar 5
4) use bar settings to change style to _INDIEH.STY at bar 9
5) select one or more bars that have _INDIEH.STY, for example, choose bars 10 and 11
6) use multiriff to change the RealTrack named 3724:Guitar
7) after accepting multiriff changes on the RealTrack named 3724:Guitar go back to bars 1-4 or 9 or 12 and you will see the RealTrack named 3724:Guitar has been erased on those bars
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Strange Multiriff Behavior - 07/09/22 04:02 PM
Anyone else seeing this? Seems like any time I go any deeper than the most basic BIAB functions I hit a bump in the road!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Strange Multiriff Behavior - 07/10/22 10:56 AM
I followed your instructions and was able to confirmed this. And regarding the bump in the road - I suspect most of us don't travel those roads. grin
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Strange Multiriff Behavior - 07/10/22 03:20 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I followed your instructions and was able to confirmed this. And regarding the bump in the road - I suspect most of us don't travel those roads. grin

I really wish PGM had the resources and/or will to put this product through thorough debugging and regression testing (and then repeat that every year prior to new version release.)

I love being able to change a style using bar settings. And multiriffs was a dream come true. But discovering that using these two functions together screws up your song is so frustrating.

With that all said I still love this product for the Real tracks. I just need to adapt my workflow to accommodate this latest bump in the road.

Posted By: Keith44 Re: Strange Multiriff Behavior - 07/10/22 09:35 PM
I have also hit that large bump in the road - use multiriff and you loose everything else from that track with no undo.

Keith
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: Strange Multiriff Behavior - 07/25/22 01:54 PM
Bump...
Posted By: Keith44 Re: Strange Multiriff Behavior - 07/25/22 11:01 PM
As the multiriff feature is useless to me and probably everyone else, Please PG Music fix this before the next major release.If the Overwrite feature is not ticked the main track is left in-tacked but both the original and new content is placed into the highlighted track.

Keith
© PG Music Forums