PG Music Home
Basically, the User Track sounds recorded sounds fine when loaded in the "template" SGU (and is kinda frozen audio similar to an Artist Track), but I only get a loud hissing white noise when I try to load it into a new song as a User Track.

FWIW, I made sure the levels were very reasonable when rendering it from Reaper, and it does not have any clipping type distortion in the SGU...however it DOES seem to be clipping in the mixer view when loaded as user track, yet there is 0 audio other than the hiss, and turning down the levels & regenerating is of no use.

Thanks in advance!
DeaconBlues09, welcome back to the forum; it's been awhile since you've posted.

What "template" SGU file are you using? Does the created audio file follow what's in the SGU file regarding tempo, key signature, time signature and chords in the chord sheet? Are the first two bars of the audio file silence to allow for the song count-in?

While it's always good practice to have sufficient gain, it's not uncommon for a digital audio file to have an average gain of -12dbfs or even -18dbfs. With that in mind have you tried exporting your audio file at a lower gain? Finally, is your audio file 16 bit depth at 44.1Khz sample rate?
Thanks so much Jim!

It has, indeed, been awhile. Life and stuff haha

And yes, changing the render from 24 to 16 bit recording and lowering the Lufs did resolve the issue :-)

Very much appreciated!
Great to read. I hope it will not be so long between forum visits.
© PG Music Forums