PG Music Home
Posted By: Teejay Newbie Help, please? - 07/26/22 06:44 PM
Hi all - I've been here for awhile, but some "features" of BB still elude me - some even worse after a system reset. Could I prevail on your good graces, please, with a few questions? I promise to write them down, better, this time.

1. If I am on any other screen than the main screen (with the Chords, big tool icons, mixer at the top), how do I get back to it?
2. If I want to insert notes ("Verse 1, Chorus 1", etc.) overhead of a chord in that screen, how do I do it?
3. If I want to change the line color and thickness of the bar markers on that screen, how do I do it?

I've read the manual (two of them) cover to cover, and haven't seen these things. I'm hoping someone can assist, please?

Thanks!
Posted By: DrDan Re: Newbie Help, please? - 07/26/22 07:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Teejay
1. If I am on any other screen than the main screen (with the Chords, big tool icons, mixer at the top), how do I get back to it?

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: Jerry - PG Music Re: Newbie Help, please? - 07/26/22 07:12 PM
1. To get back to the main Band-in-a-Box chord view, you can click the Chords button on the main Band-in-a-Box screen, or you can click | Window | Notation | Notation (or chords) Window |

2. You can enter section text by selecting the Views tab above the mixer window and clicking the | Ch.Display | button, then selecting | Layers | Section Text |. This will add the section text layer to your chords sheet. When you select a on the chord sheet, you will see a light blue box appear at the top of the bar. Double-click on it to select it (it will turn a maroon color) and there you will be able to enter text.

3. All display preferences can be set in the preferences menu. You can access these preferences in Band-in-a-Box by clicking | Options | Preferences | Display |

Hope this helps!
© PG Music Forums