PG Music Home
Posted By: Ted Kyte Multiple selection on import (RealBand) - 07/28/22 06:14 PM
For what I do, I think a multi selection for the import would be very handy...
It already appends the next import to the next available track..

What do you people think...?

Ted
Hey there Ted!

Can you elaborate on this a bit further? Are you referring to opening MIDI files and having them open each instrument on individual tracks, or do you mean a multi-file import, or something else?
Hey Everyone,

I emailed Ted and asked for clarification. What Ted is asking is if there is a way for Band-in-a-Box or RealBand to import multiple WAV audio files in one operation.

I told Ted that neither Band-in-a-Box or RealBand presently has that capability and suggested he make the suggestion in one or both of the Wishlist forum sections.

Some DAWs and the Audacity audio file editor do have the capability to import multiple audio files in a single operation. I've copied my question and Ted's response below:
Quote:
Ted,

I noticed you've asked about importing multiple files into RealBand back in March and then again today. You've also asked a similar question about Band-in-a-Box.

What's stumping people is they don't know if you're asking about importing multiple audio files or MIDI files. Based strictly off your signature I'm guessing you're asking about audio files.

I'm assuming you want to be able to select and import multiple audio files like (1) a lap steel audio file, (2) pedal steel audio file and (3) guitar.

If my assumption is correct, neither Band-in-a-Box or RealBand can presently do that.

Perhaps you would like to suggest the feature in the +++ Band-in-a-Box for Windows Wishlist +++ or the +++ RealBand Wishlist +++ forum section.
Ted's response:
Quote:
Hi Jim...

Yes exactly, they are .wav files primarily...

Ted
© PG Music Forums