PG Music Home
I have a musicxml file I've output from Musescore then imported into / opened in BiaB. It includes 2 cases where I switch from 4/4 to 2/4 for one bar. The timing changes do not import into BiaB. If I then introduce the timing changes using bar settings - # beats this bar (2 for the 2/4 bar, and 4 for the following bar), it doesn't keep the chords with the notes. The chords move two beats earlier, placing chords mid-bar when they are supposed to be at the start of a bar, and copy/paste doesn't allow me to get mid-bar chords at the start of a bar.

So is there a way to
1) include timing changes when opening/importing from musicxml (preferable),
2) not have the chords shift from the music they belong with when introducing timing changes (2nd preference), or
3) be able to copy/paste the chords to reposition as described above?

I'm very surprised to find these issues, because timing changes are common. I hope I'm missing something.

-----

Edit: I've looked closer. I've got 2 instances of a 2/4 bar within a 4/4 song. In the first instance the timing change is not imported but the second instance does import. That seems even stranger.
That’s a good question. I don’t think there is any control over the process that you are missing.

I have not tried this with a song of changing time signatures. I suggest you email support@pgmusic.com , attach the file, and reference this thread.
© PG Music Forums