PG Music Home
Posted By: JanBB Soloist track does not play [Resolved] - 08/15/22 03:40 PM
When using a soloist it shows up OK in the track list, and the green track indicator moves. However, even though the other tracks play OK, there is no sound from the track for the soloist.

Any explanation?

Best JanIvanouw
Posted By: DrDan Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/15/22 05:20 PM
Can you tell us what version you have - cause we work best with "current" and you are the first to report this.
Posted By: JanBB Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/15/22 05:47 PM
The problem started with BB 2021, although at first it worked fine with this version.
As I thought something went wrong with the program, I upgraded to BB 2022. But the problem is still there.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/15/22 05:54 PM
I’m not sure what you mean by ‘green track indicator moves’. Could you elaborate on this? We also need to know whether you selected a RealTrack soloist or a MIDI soloist.
Posted By: JanBB Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/15/22 06:49 PM
It is a RealTrack soloist.
Under each track is a green indicator showing the shifting aktivity level on that track. ALthough this is moving indicating aktivity in the soloist track, there is no audio.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/15/22 07:31 PM
Hit return to factory settings. Not that I know this is the solution, but I do know this is the protocol when BIAB does not do what it is supposed to do.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/15/22 08:29 PM
Yes, try that. It can’t hurt. Options menu, Return to Factory Settings, Most.

I think you are referring to the little segmented LED emulator that serves as a gain level on each track. It’s mostly green, but can go into yellow or red on louder sounds. And you’re saying you see green activity.

Since it’s a RealTrack soloist, that’s audio (not MIDI) so you should check your sound card settings in Options, Preferences, Audio. Also make sure your Windows audio mixer is turned up and not muted.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/15/22 10:13 PM
Quote:
Under each track is a green indicator showing the shifting aktivity level on that track.

You mentioned that the green indicator is 'under each track'. The level indicator is actually above each track - see (1) in the attached screen capture.
Is there a chance you are looking at the track below? The Thru track.

Also check that the track is not Muted, i.e. not showing Red (2).

And check that the level is not set too low (3).

Do let us know your results.

Attached picture 2022-08-16_11-06-05.jpg
Posted By: JanBB Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/16/22 09:51 AM
Thank you for all your suggestions.
I am sorry, I misinformed: The soloist does work with RealTracks. The problem is with a MIDI soloist.

Thank you AudioTrack for pointing out that the indicator is above the track. I did not mute the track, and I also tried to press S for only hearing the soloist - same result.

I tried to return to factory settings. No change: still no sound.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/16/22 09:55 AM
OK, not a RT, so not an audio problem. Can you hear any midi on any of the tracks? If all midi is out the resolution is configuration of your midi synth. If the midi is silent only from the soloist feature, than somethign else going on.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/16/22 10:03 AM
Please go to Options | MIDI/Audio Driver Setup. Make sure you have the correct input drivers selected for your MIDI keyboard, if you are using one.

Then make sure the two check boxes on the right hand side are checked, they are called 'Use VSTi/DXi Synth" and "Route MIDI Thru to MIDI Driver". Click the VSTi/DXi Synth button bellow the check boxes and in the new window make sure CoyoteWT is selected. You could alternatively use TTS-1 from Cakewalk if you have that installed. Afterwards play your song to test if you can hear your MIDI sounds.
Posted By: JanBB Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/16/22 10:14 AM
Somehow it works now after I returned to an earlier saved preference set.

Thank you for pointing out the utility of preference sets.

Still a riddle. However, problem solved!

Thanks again.

Best
Jan Ivanouw
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Soloist track does not play - 08/16/22 11:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback that you have resolved. Please open your initial post and mark is as resolved (there is a button for that). This may help others in the future who face the same / similar issue.
© PG Music Forums