PG Music Home
Posted By: MidiKeyz RT1152 - 09/22/22 09:43 PM
Hello all! Long time user but first time poster. I have the Audiophile Version of BIAB. It is all up-to-date. I am trying to generate a song using the _CREAM style but keep getting a warning that the folder bb\drums\Silence does not exist. I created the directory to see what would happen and found that BIAB generates a different error in that there are no "XXXXXX.stlye" files found.

I removed the directory and opened a case with support but was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue? I have tried (multiple times) rebuilding the styles list but to no avail.

Any help/insight will be appreciated.

Wes
Posted By: DrDan Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 10:24 PM
Protocol says to do a RTFS
Posted By: MidiKeyz Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 10:42 PM
Whose protocol? Lol. Developers are looking into the issue.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 10:48 PM
Most people may be aware, but the cryptic acronym posted above is 'Return To Factory Settings'.

Also, if the Audiophile is presumably on an external drive, check that RealTracks and RealDrums point to the correct location:
Options > Preferences > RealDrums > Custom Drums Folder
and
Options > Preferences > RealTracks > Custom RealTracks Folder
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 11:03 PM
I was able to duplicate the issue. I assume there is an issue with the style so a return to factory settings, RTFS, likely will not resolve the issue.

Description: Yellow message No Silence Folder
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: MidiKeyz Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 11:14 PM
Thanks AudioTrack but I've already taken the standard actions, at least everything I've learned to do since the DOS version of BIAB. Some have been performed multiple times including RTFS, most current updates all applied successfully, styles list rebuilt (fast and slow) several times, settings double/triple checked, etc. Everything seems to check out.

After several exchanges with support, the issue has been escalated internally to development. Interestingly, I don't get the warning when running the song from the style picker only when returning to the chord chart view and then generating. Kind of weird.

So far I haven't experienced the issue with any other style. The only thing I haven't done is a full manual of RT 362 but I'm hesitant to change the system while development is working with a known state.

I guess I'll wait for what support finds.

Cheers!
Posted By: MidiKeyz Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 11:19 PM
Hello, Jim. I'm thinking that is what PG customer support was able to see also and why they escalated to development. If just makes me wonder what should be happening in the style.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 11:27 PM
MidiKeyz,

Thanks for reporting the issue to support. PG Music can't fix an issue unless they know about it.

_CREAM is not a style I've used before. I like the instrument choices but the 65 bpm is really slow to my taste. It sounds better at 75 bpm to me.

If I was using this to create a song I'd likely vary RealDrum selections throughout the song.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 11:43 PM
It will be interesting to see how this resolves because I believe RT1152 is considered a RealTrack not a RealDrums component. It's my understanding there's considerable differences in the construction between the two...
Posted By: MidiKeyz Re: RT1152 - 09/22/22 11:52 PM
I'm of the same opinion Jim. I think I bumped up the bpm a bit as well. I'm kind of interested in how the missing "silence" style would affect the composition of the rhythmic element - if at all.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: RT1152 - 09/23/22 04:26 AM
Wes, as well as the open support item that PGM have acknowledged with you, I can advise that separately, Jim has also brought this to their attention. Hopefully they will sort this issue ASAP.
Posted By: DrDan Re: RT1152 - 09/23/22 09:50 AM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
I was able to duplicate the issue. I assume there is an issue with the style so a return to factory settings, RTFS, likely will not resolve the issue.

I have no problem with this Style and its demo song - plays fine here. I also note it does not contain RT 1152? Where did you insert this? On what track? When I insert it on Melody track all still plays well.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RT1152 - 09/23/22 12:06 PM
The style plays okay. Did not try the demo song.

The issue is a RT1152 silence error message displays when the instruments are regenerated.
Posted By: DrDan Re: RT1152 - 09/23/22 12:23 PM
I put the RT1152 on the melody track and there was no errors. Of course it was silent.
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: RT1152 - 09/23/22 04:02 PM
Quote:
I am trying to generate a song using the _CREAM style but keep getting a warning that the folder bb\drums\Silence does not exist.

This is a small error in the style that doesn't affect playback. We'll fix that.

To fix it yourself:
Ctrl+shift+F9 to open stylepicker. Click MISC -> Set Multidrums -> click on the first [...] button and select 'Empty'. Save style.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: RT1152 - 09/23/22 10:02 PM
Andrew's fix works on a per song basis. The fix does not alter the original _CREAM style.

I've attached two screen shots with the steps to perform the fix highlighted.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Attached picture Clipboard02.jpg
Posted By: MidiKeyz Re: RT1152 - 09/23/22 10:12 PM
Thank you for providing this info! Much appreciated. I'm presuming "silence" is exactly that so audio would not really be impacted. Just an interesting quirk I guess.
© PG Music Forums