PG Music Home
Posted By: swingbabymix String Problems - 10/27/22 11:31 PM

With my understanding of chords, I found that BIAB can copy almost all song accompaniments, allowing me to easily perform and even make music.
The Chorus part of most popular songs will have string elements.
Do you have any experience to share about these?
Posted By: rayc Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 01:57 AM
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

The Chorus part of most popular songs will have string elements.

Man, you ought to be in the upper ranks of the military...you're excellent at generalizing.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 03:53 AM
Well, yes, the point of BIAB is to make music. And yes, strings can often be a good choice in the chorus/bridge of a song.

Many of the BIAB styles that have strings play them only in sections with the B part marker (green), often used for the bridge/chorus.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 08:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Well, yes, the point of BIAB is to make music. And yes, strings can often be a good choice in the chorus/bridge of a song.

Many of the BIAB styles that have strings play them only in sections with the B part marker (green), often used for the bridge/chorus.

Are there any string music styles recommended to me. Then I'll try.
thank you very much!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 10:39 AM
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
Are there any string music styles recommended to me. Then I'll try.
thank you very much!

It depends on what Strings 'Style' you are looking for. Pop, Funk, Disco, Rap, Jazz, Latins?

A basic search on my system shows over 1,000 Styles with 'strings'

Attached picture 2022-10-29_0-36-47.jpg
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 01:27 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack

It depends on what Strings 'Style' you are looking for. Pop, Funk, Disco, Rap, Jazz, Latins?

A basic search on my system shows over 1,000 Styles with 'strings'

thanks!
Can I ask a question here?
I want to mark a particular chord and change it to a color? For example, it becomes red or blue.
Can BIAB do it?

Attached picture 2022-10-28_232352.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 01:39 PM
Those are two different causes shown in your graphic.

The blue are part markers. A measure can be blue (A), green (B) or no color. A few styles are multistyles and allow many more colors. I suppose you could create a dummy multistyle with the same patterns, and use that just for colors.

The red underscores are the indicator from BIAB that some editing of that measure was done by F5. You can press F5 on a measure and you will see that something was changed: the tempo, volume, muting of an instrument, the style, or many other possible settings.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 01:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Those are two different causes shown in your graphic.

The blue are part markers. A measure can be blue (A), green (B) or no color. A few styles are multistyles and allow many more colors. I suppose you could create a dummy multistyle with the same patterns, and use that just for colors.

The red underscores are the indicator from BIAB that some editing of that measure was done by F5. You can press F5 on a measure and you will see that something was changed: the tempo, volume, muting of an instrument, the style, or many other possible settings.

I didn't make myself clear.
Those red lines were drawn by me with software.
I want to turn those frames into all red or blue. My goal is to open them next time and see the marks because those chords are special.
Posted By: SaxaBruce Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 02:34 PM
Looks like we're on a different topic now (this started as a question about strings).
In the future, when asking a question about a different topic, start a different message in the forum. Thanks.

Colors and the Chord Sheet:
Now that you have made yourself more clear, I will try to address the goal you shared: You want to open the chords and see the chords you want to mark as "special" in a different color than the other chords that are not marked "special."

Are you asking if BIAB has a feature which allows you the user to change the color of individual chords on the chord sheet, then save those changes so you can see them next time you open the chords? If that is indeed your question or request, then I will answer based on my knowledge as follows:

I believe BIAB has the ability to change the font type, size, and color for ALL chords on the chord sheet, and users do not have the ability to customize the chord symbols nor the background shading for individual chords or measures.

Posted By: Matt Finley Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 04:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Rocket.123

Are you asking if BIAB has a feature which allows you the user to change the color of individual chords on the chord sheet, then save those changes so you can see them next time you open the chords?
I believe the advice above is correct, and I believe the answer is No if this is what you are asking.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: String Problems - 10/28/22 08:03 PM
I agree with Rocket. Please start a new post if the subject matter is different. Here we are investigating font colors for a post named 'String Problems'. This makes it difficult to keep track.
Posted By: swingbabymix Re: String Problems - 10/29/22 02:40 AM
Originally Posted By: Rocket.123

Are you asking if BIAB has a feature which allows you the user to change the color of individual chords on the chord sheet, then save those changes so you can see them next time you open the chords? If that is indeed your question or request, then I will answer based on my knowledge as follows:

I believe BIAB has the ability to change the font type, size, and color for ALL chords on the chord sheet, and users do not have the ability to customize the chord symbols nor the background shading for individual chords or measures.

ok.
I will submit a function request right away.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=736597&#Post736597

© PG Music Forums