PG Music Home
I know I can use SaveSpecial to export each stem 1 by 1.

But is it possible to export ALL stems with a single mouse click? This would save a lot of time.

If no, is there any wishlist interest in this?
Perhaps a dialog could appear with a checkbox next to each of your stems allowing you to choose which stems get exported?
If you have Reaper it's instant as you don't need to render each tracks down to wav. But I think I suggested that there needs to be a quicker way to do this when they were first released.

Thanks, but I use Studio One and the idea is to export directly to the hard drive.
If you mute the other tracks it will just export the drum stems.
The only issue is they are all rendered to a stereo file, not just the Room and Overheads.

Attached picture BB-Render-Stems.png
You can render the just mono tracks to mono first then render just the stereo to stereo next.

Attached picture BB-Render-Stems2.png
Originally Posted By: musocity
If you mute the other tracks it will just export the drum stems.

Not sure if we are fully communicating musocity.
I know about muting the tracks. Here is my procedure.

1. Mute all tracks except track1 which is what I want to export to my hard drive as a file.
2. Use SaveSpecial and export, this will export track1.
3. Mute track1 and unmute track2, then export track2 by using SaveSpecial
4. Repeat this process until all the tracks I want have been exported.

Being able to export all my tracks in one fell swoop would be a time saver. Being able to checkbox which tracks to export would even be better.

At this time, I'm not too interested in the individual drum stems (snare, kick, hihat, etc.). I'm happy with exporting the entire drum kit as one track.
"But is it possible to export ALL stems with a single mouse click? This would save a lot of time.
Perhaps a dialog could appear with a checkbox next to each of your stems allowing you to choose which stems get exported?"

Sorry maybe I'm confused. You were talking "stems" that's what the individual drum tracks are called.
It's the same deal what I showed you, just mute any tracks you don't want rendered.

This way you can drag to a folder or directly into Studio One
Thanks City but When I hit "Render" it renders the entire song to a .wav file.
How do I render each individual track? Could I have a setting wrongly set in the preferrences?

Attached picture Screenshot 47.jpg
One file per track, and if you want to start mix clean set it to flat dry center

Attached picture BB-Render-Settings.png
musocity has it right...I did just this the day before yesterday when the VST had another one of those days.
My usual process is:
AUDIO
AUDIO EXPORT
ONE FILE PER
24 bit (to match the rest of the project)
INDIVIDUAL TRACKS FLAT, DRY & CENTRE
RENDER (and select the project folder for the DAW & song).
Sometimes stereo isn't useful so I simply use the freeze & render mono one click option inside Reaper for tracks I want in mono (usually everything except drums).
Got it, thanks !
© PG Music Forums