PG Music Home
Posted By: Cross22 How to force tab notation for soloist ? - 12/02/22 04:12 AM
Steps:
- create a new project and select _BRITJON as style
- click on Soloist/Generate & Play Solo. I picked style #2672 , because why not?
- select the newly created "Pedal Steel" [Soloist] track
- click on Soloist/Track Type and set it to Guitar

In the Lead Sheet view (Alt-W) I was now expecting to see traditional and tab lines- but Tab does not show up. Under Opt./Notation Options I made sure that Tab is enabled - still won't show up.

BIAB 2023
Posted By: musocity Re: How to force tab notation for soloist ? - 12/02/22 05:20 AM
The guitars and bass all should have tabs.

Attached picture BB23-Pedal-Steel-Tab.gif
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How to force tab notation for soloist ? - 12/02/22 10:00 AM
Hi Cross,

If you go into Realtrack Picker, filter by 2672 and the scroll across to the "Chart Column" (upper image), you'll see an "N". This means that the pedal steel #2672 has standard notation only. If it had tab available as well as standard notation, a "Gt" would appear in the chart column. BIAB doesn't convert standard notation to tab.

I've just had a look and Musescore, a freeware notation app, will convert notation to tab.

https://musescore.org

Musescore also reads in BIAB files (although, this is experimental) and XML as well as MIDI. So if you saved your file in one of those formats, you'd be able to open in Musescore and easily create tab.

Also, if you look at the top menu, if there is a long line under the name (as in Bass and Pedal Steel, lower image), this means standard notation. If the underline is half this length, it means that tab is present as well as standard notation.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture notation is present 2023.JPG
Attached picture notation present 2023 long line standard notation.JPG
Posted By: Cross22 Re: How to force tab notation for soloist ? - 12/02/22 02:41 PM
Thank you Noel96 !
© PG Music Forums