PG Music Home
Posted By: jcspro40 Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error [Resolved] - 12/04/22 07:41 AM
Hey folks, I am running into a major problem with BB 2023 1001 that has never happened before. I can go through the Styles list and play demos, but when I Load the style & go to the main screen I am getting an ASIO error / bbw64.exe corruption….then I have no audio.

Tried reloading BiaB

Tried reloading the drivers for the Audient iD44

Tried another unit (Behringer UMC202HD, same thing)

Tried various other thing to narrow down the problem area

And no go, BiaB is crashing hard! I really don’t want to take a step back & reload 2022 v927 (which had NO problems). My studio system is NOT online, but it looks like I will connect it to get the report sent to PGM. In the meantime is anyone else having any problems with the new release?

Thanks In Advance! cool
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Problems with BB 2023 - 12/04/22 08:16 AM
Definitely I would save the detailed log file report and send to PG Music, even if you have to copy to another system that is online to send. Try to include all steps to produce the issue.
Posted By: musocity Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/04/22 08:28 AM
Went into Style picker and played demos, loaded a demo song, style picker closed, hit Play/Gen got the error so had to close bb and start again.

Attached picture BB23-ASIO-Error.png
Posted By: musocity Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/04/22 08:36 AM
If you hit the green play button in the style picker then go out of the picker it takes the driver out.
EDIT: after the crash report you can go back in the Style Picker and play the demos through Windows so it's not turning the ASIO driver back on when it stops the demo.
If you use MME the same device as Windows it's fine.
Posted By: MoultiPass Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/04/22 09:11 AM
The temporary solution is the MME or the WAS while waiting for the fix, the staff is alerted, thank you.
Posted By: PhillyJazz Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/04/22 11:22 AM
I have also experienced ASIO errors generating demo styles. Some work, and some crash. MME is unsuitable for recording. I still get lots of undecipherable errors from WAS.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/04/22 11:44 AM
In general I setup my DAW on ASIO but run BiaB on MME this seems to be the smoothest solution to all problems.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/04/22 11:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
In general I setup my DAW on ASIO but run BiaB on MME this seems to be the smoothest solution to all problems.

That is how I have had my setup for years and I have never had a problem. BUT this will not work IF you are recording in BiaB as you will need ASIO drivers. I, and I'm assuming you as well as others with our system setups, do all of my recording in my DAW.

I hope this gets fixed ASAP for those who record in BiaB.
Posted By: HoosierMichael Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/04/22 07:05 PM
I'm having the same problem with the same issue: listen to song demo / load song / ASIO device error.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 11:45 AM
I totally agree. I have had this happen to me 2-3 times since I installed 2023.

Here is what I do to get the failure.

1. Open BIAB.
2. Go to Stylepicker and highlighted a style. In this case I randomly picked _DEEP2.STY
3. Listen to the demo. I did not load the song demo at this time, just listened to it.
4. Loaded the song demo and exited style picker
5. Clicked on Regenerate
6. Got a popup message saying "Error: Error starting ASIO driver (error = invalidMode)

I then loaded about 4-5 other random styles and got the same error message after following the exact steps above.

Now here is the kicker. I changed my ASIO driver from Focusrite Scarlett 2I4 to MIME and did not get a single failure after trying another 4-5 random styles.

Went back to Focusrite Scarlett 2I4 as the driver and it failed on the 1st attempt.

Looks like the problem is between Focusrite Scarlett 2I4 and BIAB so..... I then downloaded the latest ASIO4ALL driver (v2.15) and set BAIB to use that one and it failed on every try using the above steps.

I then went back to MIME and could not get it to fail at all.

For the last experiment, I went into the ASIO settings and UNCHECKED "ASIO always on" and could not get it to fail after about 5 attempts at random styles.

Looks fairly obvious where the conflict is.

For myself, I will either uncheck the "Asio always on" or go to MIME. Either way, I could not get it to fail.

Running Windows 10.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 11:58 AM
This issue went to the developers several days ago. Here's hoping this will be one of the first fixes for the new version.

Although this looks like a simple fix :
Quote:
UNCHECKED "ASIO always on" and could not get it to fail
. What could be the downside of this...?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 12:22 PM
Originally Posted By: MoultiPass
Whether I change to "Asio always on" or not, it's the same result.

OK, nevermind. crazy
By the way, I reported the same issue with my MOTU ASIO with newest Win11 drivers. The ASIO plays through perfectly, but use to demo and switch between style picker and BIAB is a perfect crash.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: jcland

For the last experiment, I went into the ASIO settings and UNCHECKED "ASIO always on" and could not get it to fail after about 5 attempts at random styles.

Tried this, and it still failed every time......so I have been using the MME drivers for now, until the new patch is out. And I have the Audient iD44 MkI and it looks to be an ASIO driver problem......
Posted By: cwiggins999 Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 02:51 PM
I experienced this with my Scarlett 4i4. Unchecking ASIO Always On does seem to "fix" it for me, but I lose the ability to play my VSTs via MIDI keyboard when the song transport is not running, so that's not a viable workaround for me.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 07:33 PM
PGMusic just sent me a patch (build 1003) to test and it worked perfectly on the ASIO problem.

Look for it to be posted soon online.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 08:42 PM
Originally Posted By: jcland
PGMusic just sent me a patch (build 1003) to test and it worked perfectly on the ASIO problem.

Look for it to be posted soon online.

It's just become available in this forum. Get it while it's hot grin
Posted By: MikeK Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 09:03 PM
But, it's Build 1002 ... not 1003 ... unless I missed something smile
Posted By: MikeK Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/05/22 09:04 PM
Never mind - just saw the 1003 announcement LOL!
Posted By: Alex Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/06/22 01:26 PM
Build 1003 seems to work perfectly. The ASIO problems are gone now. Thx PG
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/06/22 01:43 PM
The original poster, jcspro40, hasn't returned, but when you do, consider going back to your first post and Marking it Resolved, to help others.
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/06/22 07:50 PM
Whoever marked this post Resolved, Thank You!

And you rock PG Music, patch 1003 is working great! cool
Posted By: PianoPete Re: Problems with BB 2023 ASIO error - 12/07/22 12:27 PM
Why can't we get an audio preferences panel showing all audio drivers?
Especially if you use both MME and ASIO drivers.
© PG Music Forums