PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane SynthMaster Player Install question - 12/06/22 07:21 PM
I already have SynthMaster Player installed on my system and have added some of their additional paks (presets).

Will the BIAB version play nice with that?
Is there an option to install or not?
Is there any reason NOT to install the BIAB version if you already have it???
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: SynthMaster Player Install question - 12/06/22 07:52 PM
Hi FJ.

If you have their latest, you don't have to use the one included with PG release.
Now, that we have Midi Chord track, any version of their synths should work with BIAB.

Steps to set it up:
Go to Options>preferences>OutputChords
There is a checkmark (should be checked): Write chords to track number: Select unused Utility track here.
Close out of the menu.

When you regenerate, everything will update on the mixer, and you will see yellow "Chords" name on the mixer track your chose. Go to the plugin section in the mixer, choose SynthMaster from the list for that "Chords" track.
Done.

It will feed block chords to the SynthMaster (and they should also update when you change things on chord sheet)
Now you can use SynthMaster GUI to pick Pads or Arpeggios or anything else. It should all be in sync to main arrangement and obey transport buttons.

I hope this helps.

M.
Posted By: DrDan Re: SynthMaster Player Install question - 12/06/22 09:10 PM
Just to add to Misha's instruction. This new midi chord chart track currently does not create the block chords in root position. Instead chords are inversions of no clear justification. I am lobbying to make a change this to root positions for all chords. More predictable primarily. So if you have some preference speak now or forever hold you peace.
Posted By: MarioD Re: SynthMaster Player Install question - 12/07/22 04:38 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Just to add to Misha's instruction. This new midi chord chart track currently does not create the block chords in root position. Instead chords are inversions of no clear justification. I am lobbying to make a change this to root positions for all chords. More predictable primarily. So if you have some preference speak now or forever hold you peace.

I have been using the MIDI block chords for years and they have never stayed in the root position. This caused Studio One Pro to yield wrong chords in the chord track as it uses the lowest note in the chord as the root note, thus inversions messes up the chord naming. If you put this in the wish forum you will get a +1 from me.

Note yes I know about the chord position setting of root by it doesn't apply to the MIDI block chord track.
Posted By: MusicVillain Re: SynthMaster Player Install question - 03/13/23 07:05 PM
Quote:
This new midi chord chart track currently does not create the block chords in root position. Instead chords are inversions of no clear justification.

In this 2023 new Chord Track feature, the default note range is set from 60 to 72, and block chords have to be inverted to fit in.

If you set it from 60 to 84, there should be enough octave space for no inversions to occur, so root notes stay at bottom.

Let me know if it works for you.
Posted By: MarioD Re: SynthMaster Player Install question - 03/13/23 09:18 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicVillain
Quote:
This new midi chord chart track currently does not create the block chords in root position. Instead chords are inversions of no clear justification.

In this 2023 new Chord Track feature, the default note range is set from 60 to 72, and block chords have to be inverted to fit in.

If you set it from 60 to 84, there should be enough octave space for no inversions to occur, so root notes stay at bottom.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanx so much. Yes that solved the blocked chord in the root position. Now I have to figure out how to get Studio One Pro 6 to read all of the chords correctly!
© PG Music Forums