PG Music Home
Posted By: biab-user Where to find the offline Styles demos? - 12/08/22 09:39 AM
As per subject.
I can only hear the styles demos if the computer is connected to the internet.

where are all the demos?

BIAB 2022 FOR WINDOWS
Originally Posted By: biab-user
As per subject.

where are all the demos?

BIAB 2022 FOR WINDOWS

They should be in x:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio\

(where 'x:' is the drive that your BiaB is installed in.)
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
As per subject.

where are all the demos?

BIAB 2022 FOR WINDOWS

They should be in x:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio\

(where 'x:' is the drive that your BiaB is installed in.)

Thank you,

I have checked the folder in Explorer and it shows only 981 files when I have 4712 styles.
where can I get the rest?
Interesting....
Did you run program from shipped external hard drive or downloaded and installed all packages?
Just guessing here. If you run program directly from the shipped external drive at some point... maybe the demos are still on it.
I believe that during the program install, it offered an option to install the demo files. But it said something like "You don't have to do this as you can hear the demo files if you are connected to the internet".

I would guess that you chose not to install them.

I don't know if there is a method that would allow you to install them now.
Yes, I do have the HD drive that came with the Everything Pak version, but I have had many new version of BIAB over the years and have been installing on newer computers a few times through the need to upgrade to better processing power, so I can't remember what I did to bring the old BIAB across this latest computer. I remember that not long ago I had to contact PGMusic so to de activate a version of BIAB.

I do still have the original HD somewhere and it does have an updated version of BIAB... I think it may be a couple of version older than the 2022 I have.

Would it be OK to just copy the files over to the current one or these need to be installed from an .EXE program?
Originally Posted By: Michael AD
I believe that during the program install, it offered an option to install the demo files. But it said something like "You don't have to do this as you can hear the demo files if you are connected to the internet".

I would guess that you chose not to install them.

I don't know if there is a method that would allow you to install them now.

Possibly this is what might have happened.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Where to find the offline Styles demos? - 12/09/22 11:37 AM
Why not simply log into your PGMusic account and let the download manager install everything to eliminate doubts as to whether you have everything you've purchased? And if you do, the only thing I would change are custom locations as to what drive/folder everything should go to.
Originally Posted By: MikeK
Why not simply log into your PGMusic account and let the download manager install everything to eliminate doubts as to whether you have everything you've purchased? And if you do, the only thing I would change are custom locations as to what drive/folder everything should go to.

I have just found the original HD that the Everything PAK came in and looking in the data folder, it only shows 739 items!

I will go to my account but PGMusic does not have the Everything PAK there any longer they do not keep a backup of that version, which is annoying to say the least. So, I think I am screwed... unless I can find a copy on one of may redundant HDs from older computers.
Call Support.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Where to find the offline Styles demos? - 12/09/22 11:59 AM
You can also use the Live Help (chat).
Thanks guys, I thought they would be busy with the new offerings and I hate waiting for people to get back to me.
I will try the chat now.

Thanks.
No you are not "screwed".
You mentioned that you have 2022 version.
If you officially purchased PG hard drive, I am 99.9% sure they can help you.
There is a live chat available now. Start that, explain that you don't see your purchased 2022 in your account. Sometimes checkout process is tricky and doesn't add stuff you bought automatically.

Please post back if it was resolved.
Just finished chatting with Chantelle and didn't get anywhere. I was advised to use the Play with the current chords button this is what do not want... no other help for it, apart to use the URL to manually download EACH demo.

Yes I have always purchased the official version of BIAB, with the 2022 being my latest version.
Did you manage to get your 2022 to show in your account?
They definitely should be able to help you with that part.

"manually download EACH demo" I would definitely not do that, as it will take forever...
But what I would do is reinstall 2022 completely from HD on top of existing (without doing un-install), now making sure that that "install demos" thing is checked, after that would update BIAB to the latest patch.

P.S. There are no downloadable demos. I have been asking for that for some time now. I believe, they should have ALL demos optionally downloadable in single package. All they have to do is zip their Demo folder and include a link to the account.
NI has a way of downloading just demos. You can download them in one shot, even if you don't have particular product installed.
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Did you manage to get your 2022 to show in your account?
They definitely should be able to help you with that part.

"manually download EACH demo" I would definitely not do that, as it will take forever...
But what I would do is reinstall 2022 completely from HD, now making sure that that "install demos" thing is checked, after that would update BIAB to the latest patch.

P.S. There are no downloadable demos. I have been asking for that for some time now. I believe, they should have ALL demos optionally downloadable in single package. All they have to do is zip their Demo folder and include a link to the account.
NI has a way of downloading just demos. You can download them in one shot, even if you don't have particular product installed.

I don't think it's to do with the 2022 version, more likely the Everything PAK I purchased a long time ago, YEARS!

Yes I agree with you, there should always be a backup from PGMusic ready for this kind of eventuality.
This is the reason I am reluctant to invest in software and why I wont always pay the full asking price. Just think what happened to all the money people around the world paid for costly programs since Windows 98. You'll have to keep updating, software and hardware. Now, I understand that PGMusic needs to be moving forward BUT we are talking of demos audio files... these work through ALL versions of BIAB, so why not make a simple .ZIP file available to all? It only Needs a couple of clicks from their server!

I also had problem with NI. I WILL NEVER BUY ONE OF THEIR SOFTWARE after the way I was treated. they said that unfortunately I couldn't use one of their previous Piano software any longer and that I needed to purchase a new version. In the end I managed to make it work but their tech people couldn't? Go figure!
If you have 2022 Ultra pack, it should have all demos of prior versions with exceptions of some extra packs. Perhaps somebody can clarify.

"why not make a simple .ZIP file available".
I agree 100%.
I don't have the Ultra PAK.

I first upgraded to the Everything PAK and from then on I have upgraded the Pro versions, as I can't see the reason why I need to fork out allot more money than I need to, for little benefit. To upgrade EACH year to that Ultra PAK is simply too expensive. I rather spend that money somewhere else.

The most annoying thing upgrading BIAB is the fact that it ALWAYS has a new load of bugs that annoys me no end.
I agree with demos, they should definitely be available. Should be extremely easy to do. Even if the package is 20 gb+ it could be split into 3-4 parts.

But this...
"The most annoying thing upgrading BIAB is the fact that it ALWAYS has a new load of bugs that annoys me no end."
is an open question. Initial release is very deeply discounted. I know some folks buy it when released and on sale and wait for 2-3 weeks until most painful bugs are ironed out before installing.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Where to find the offline Styles demos? - 12/09/22 02:33 PM
Just finished chatting with Chantelle and didn't get anywhere. I was advised to use the Play with the current chords button this is what do not want... no other help for it, apart to use the URL to manually download EACH demo.

Yes I have always purchased the official version of BIAB, with the 2022 being my latest version.

Something doesn't seem right here... I've ordered the Everything Pak before... The order is still listed from back in 2016 with a disclaimer that there is no longer a d/l link, but they can provide one if needed. See below:

Attached picture everythingpak.PNG
Quote:
As per subject.

where are all the demos?

BIAB 2022 FOR WINDOWS

Hi biab-user

I guess the first thing we could need to know is which demos? If you are talking about the Style demos Audio, it's possible the HD you have was delivered before we even started shipping demos like this.

In general, I would expect that all demos are available both online and local - that includes the Realtracks audition files, Style Demos Audio, RealDrums Demos Audio, HiQ Demos Audio, Playable RealTracks demos and more. An exception is that we don't e-deliver the 7 GB of older MIDI style demos audio by default. You can get them from here:
https://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allrdstydemoszip/style-demos-audio_all_01-23-15.zip

So if you are talking about MIDI demos, maybe that will fix the problem. Otherwise we would need an example and/or you could contact us back on the live help. It's hard to answer it on a public forum, since the question seems to involve specific things about a purchase? You could contact us back and refer to this forum thread so there is some context.
Originally Posted By: MikeK

Something doesn't seem right here... I've ordered the Everything Pak before... The order is still listed from back in 2016 with a disclaimer that there is no longer a d/l link, but they can provide one if needed. See below:

In My Account there is no mention of the EverythingPAK That I purchased may years ago.

I contacted support on previous occasion about it. They acknowledged of the purchase after a long communication but I think the data must accidently been lost/deleted in my account.
Originally Posted By: Andrew - PG Music
Quote:
As per subject.

where are all the demos?

BIAB 2022 FOR WINDOWS

Hi biab-user

I guess the first thing we could need to know is which demos? If you are talking about the Style demos Audio, it's possible the HD you have was delivered before we even started shipping demos like this.

In general, I would expect that all demos are available both online and local - that includes the Realtracks audition files, Style Demos Audio, RealDrums Demos Audio, HiQ Demos Audio, Playable RealTracks demos and more. An exception is that we don't e-deliver the 7 GB of older MIDI style demos audio by default. You can get them from here:
https://demos.pgmusic.com/audio/allrdstydemoszip/style-demos-audio_all_01-23-15.zip

So if you are talking about MIDI demos, maybe that will fix the problem. Otherwise we would need an example and/or you could contact us back on the live help. It's hard to answer it on a public forum, since the question seems to involve specific things about a purchase? You could contact us back and refer to this forum thread so there is some context.

First of all, thank you for the link to the MIDI Demos ZIP file.

As already mentioned, I am talking about the Styles Demos, which the majority of them are only available online. I am not talking about the MIDI demos specifically.

For example: The C:\bb\RealTracks\Data\Style Demos Audio folder contains 981 Demos which it doesn't seem right for thr EverythinhPAK version and additional several standard upgrades such as Pro versions.

I already had a live chat with Chantelle and she said that there is no other way to have the demos other than either manually download it one at a time through each link shown in the yellow, box or to hear them by inserting chords in the sheet.

Her message was quite clear to me so if that's the case there is no point in contacting anybody else for support, I'll be wasting my and their time.

If the MIDI demos are available through the Zip file, why can't the be for the Styles Demos too?
biab-user,

I feel your pain. They definitely should have a way to download all demos for such situations.
A single archive updated yearly.

I requested offline demos at least half a dozen times, but your post clearly shows that it is not a "wish" or "request". It is a shortcoming that needs to be addressed.

P.S. One of the ways they can do it, is split the archive in 2-3 parts and offer download through internal BIAB download manager.
It really is a necessity if one
needs to work on a new song and there is no internet connection.

Not long ago, during an audio setup, I was trying to compare a musician's jazz guitar EQ with some in the styles demos. Well... That got embarrassing as I had no internet connection hence couldn't go through the different styles to find some guitar sound.
Quote:
If the MIDI demos are available through the Zip file, why can't the be for the Styles Demos too?

Can you please give me one example of a "style demo" that you are referring to, that is not available on your system. All demos should be available. As I said the exception was perhaps the MIDI style audio demos (specifically MIDI styles that we made prior to 2010). If you are talking about "Style Demos Audio" that you hear when you double-click on various other styles in the StylePicker, they are included with all the other files that make up the RT Set or whatever other set they are part of. If you are missing some certain demos, there is certainly a way to get them to you. E.G. by downloading the applicable installer files. Please give me one example, and I'll tell you where you can find it.
Quote:

Can you please give me one example of a "style demo" that you are referring to, that is not available on your system. All demos should be available. As I said the exception was perhaps the MIDI style audio demos (specifically MIDI styles that we made prior to 2010). If you are talking about "Style Demos Audio" that you hear when you double-click on various other styles in the StylePicker, they are included with all the other files that make up the RT Set or whatever other set they are part of. If you are missing some certain demos, there is certainly a way to get them to you. E.G. by downloading the applicable installer files. Please give me one example, and I'll tell you where you can find it.

Hi Andrew,
Yes, I am talking about the Styles Audio Demos. the.WMA files.

Here these are but a few that will serve as an example:
=POPPLTS
=TEXMETL
=CRSOV75
_EZLIST2
_TBLZSLP
_EURDNC4

I only have 981 showing in the folder I posted earlier but BIAB shows that I have 4712 Styles.
I have just noticed that under the column SET#, RT 170 a few demos are there but not all within the R 170. This is another example for you.
Can someone please tell me how many audio STYLES DEMOS should I be expecting to find under the EverythingPAK?
Thanks.
I guess it depends on specific year, plus some demos, as you mentioned, came from PRO upgrade versions.
Andrew might have a better understanding, and perhaps a solution. Lets wait a bit.
Quote:
Hi Andrew,

=POPPLTS
=TEXMETL
=CRSOV75
_EZLIST2
_TBLZSLP
_EURDNC4

I only have 981 showing in the folder I posted earlier but BIAB shows that I have 4712 Styles.

Hello biab-user,

Thank you for the examples -- it makes complete sense.

The Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK package you purchased in 2012 pre-dates the Style Demos Audio feature by a few years, so styles like _EURODNC4 in RealTracks Set 170 (2012) did not included a wma audio demo at that time. A recent Pro upgrade would not add those files, it would just add wma demos for styles that it includes.

However, the zip I pointed you to, issued in 2015, does have all the wma's you mentioned.
Unfortunately I can't remember when I purchased it... I have a feeling it might have been 2012. There is a white sticker at the back of the HD that came with. It has some capital letters and a 3 digit number but no serial number.

Since then I have purchased additional standard versions, pro versions and a megapak too. So maybe whenever I was upgrading versions accross the different computers, I managed to somehow cockup the file system? I don't know.
Quote:
Hi Andrew,

=POPPLTS
=TEXMETL
=CRSOV75
_EZLIST2
_TBLZSLP
_EURDNC4

Hello biab-user,

Thank you for the examples -- it makes complete sense.

The Band-in-a-Box EverythingPAK package you purchased in 2012 pre-dates the Style Demos Audio feature by a few years, so styles like _EURODNC4 in RealTracks Set 170 (2012) did not included a wma audio demo at that time. A recent Pro upgrade would not add those files, it would just add wma demos for styles that it includes.

However, the zip I pointed you to, issued in 2015, does have all the wma's you mentioned.

sorry Andrew, my previous post was directed to Rustyspoon#. I should have used his quote.

OK! That's good news then! Thank you for your patience.

I will be installing the files from the zip download soon. I downloaded it but had no time to look inside the zip file. Hopefully I will see different foledrs and copy the files over to their appropriate locations.

All being well, I will be a happier man!

Thanks again.
Just a quick post to say that the Styles audio demos worked and the issue ha been resolved.

Thanks again Andrew.
© PG Music Forums