PG Music Home
Is it possible to have the scrolling chord screen play in one key but display in another?

For example, if I want to play a song in Eb using a capo at the third fret, is it possible to have the scrolling chord screen display in the key of C but play in the key of Eb?

I've looked through the documentation and can't seem to find anything that addresses this.
I think so.

Usually this request is in reverse. A person with a transposing instrument wants to keep the music playing in the original key but have it appear in the transposed key appropriate for the instrument.

I will look at this when I get back to a computer.
Thanks, Matt.

I did read something in the documentation about concert transposing for horns that lets you do something like this but I couldn't quite get my mind around it...
Yes, it is easy, and often quite useful - called "visual transpose" in the chord display dialogue. I use it to print chord charts for guitarists who will play with a capo, and also for bass guitar parts to print an octave higher, etc. but most often players of instruments in Bb, Eb or F can benefit from it.

Just click the chord display tab (upper right - furthest to the end) and select the display type you want, or even custom make your own. It only affects the display of chord names, but still plays in the original key.
Wonderful, Thomas, it works!

Many thanks for your help.

I noticed that the change is global. It would be nice if it was song-specific, but that's a fairly minor drawback smile
© PG Music Forums