PG Music Home
Posted By: DFT 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/13/22 04:14 PM
When you open a 'New' BIAB retains the previous style and reloads the instruments for that style, deleting substitions and additional tracks.

It also deletes all plugins other than the default MIDI Softsynth.

Is it possible change this behavior so that plugins are retained or a custom template file is opened by 'New?'

I know it is possible to save a 'template' file open that instead of 'New' from the file menu, but just wondering.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/13/22 05:44 PM
I'm not aware of any settings that allows 'New' to start with a specific configuration.

I understand that saving a 'template' file and opening that instead of 'New' would be the best solution.

Others may know more.
Posted By: DFT Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/13/22 06:16 PM
Pretty much figured that you can't ... but it never hurts to ask.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/13/22 09:24 PM
Originally Posted By: DFT
Pretty much figured that you can't ... but it never hurts to ask.

I absolutely agree wink
Thanks for raising this question DFT. This would be a very useful feature, indeed.

I'm unaware of a way to open a "New" song with these attributes, but BAIB have given us to be able to save a chain as a group. In case you don't know, right click on a slot n the mixer to see the opportunity.

This helps some to lessen the angst of having to locate and open an FX over many tracks, although I think one must still load a saved file for each track. Preparing to use it now to know for certain.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/22/22 01:56 PM
I concur with what’s been said. Using a template and immediately doing a Save As seems to be the best workaround now.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions Matt. This request has been around for ages.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/22/22 02:27 PM
I haven’t given any thought to how this might work differently, and the ramifications of creating some File, New option. How do you see this working, DFT? Start a new post in the Wishlist and make a proposal. We can work with it and see if we can come to agreement on a solid idea to pitch to PG Music.

Be aware there is a sentiment by some here (not all) that there are too many menu choices as it is. But that shouldn’t dissuade a good discussion. Give it a try. If you can fall up and not get down, I have every confidence you can accomplish this.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/22/22 07:17 PM
Note: there is a Wishlist thread now, here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=746086#Post746086
Posted By: musocity Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/22/22 11:00 PM
If you change the style the Re-Route will still stay sending to Halion.
You can use File > Import > SGU/MGU Song and chose what elements you want from another SGU, like chords (see below).

You can copy the chords/song info from another instance of Biab.

You can also use this to inject saved chord progressions/song info/style
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=676222

Attached picture BB23-Import-Song-SGU-Elements.png
Posted By: Prado Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/23/22 12:53 AM
Thanks, Muso ... but I'm interested in something else. I'm talking about the audio processing plugins for RealTracks.

I like to have an instantiation of Softube's Console I on the last plug in slot of all mixer audio channels ... and a routine chain including that on the Master Channel.

That said, I appreciate the options you've explained here. Great things to know.
Posted By: Prado Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/23/22 12:56 AM
Ha ha! Use a different computer and automatically logged in on my old BIAB account that I thought I'd lost the password for.
Posted By: musocity Re: 'New' File Default Behavior Question - 12/23/22 04:15 AM
If you have FX on all the tracks as well as the master and save it to SGU you can change the style or RT and the FX will stay, same thing as above you can import chords and other elements to it and still have all your FX.
© PG Music Forums