PG Music Home
Hey there folks,

Would love your help. 90 percent of the time when I playback a song there is this annoying sound in the background that sounds like 80s era MIDI patch panpipes/Chilean flutes (don't know how else to describe it lol) playing the chords without any embellishment. This is without any MIDI tracks loaded. When I mute the tracks one by one it still plays.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

DB09
The first thing I'd try is "Return to factory settings" under the Options menu. This may solve the problem.

Do you have a keyboard plugged into BIAB?

It could be that the "Output chords to external MIDI" is active. this is found under "Options | Preferences | Output chords".
Originally Posted By: Noel96

It could be that the "Output chords to external MIDI" is active. this is found under "Options | Preferences | Output chords".

It was this!

Thank you sooo much Noel :-)
Originally Posted By: DeaconBlues09
When I mute the tracks one by one it still plays.

I guess you've already checked if there's a track active but not showing on the mixer, but if not click there 'eye' in the bottom right corner and enable active tracks.

I had a problem a while back where BiaB seemed to be sending data both to a named VST-plugin synth and to the default synth. I stopped it by choosing a different named VST-plugin synth, but I never understood how that stopped it. I could then revert to the original and it no longer has the two sounds. I gave up trying to repeatedly reproduce that.
© PG Music Forums