PG Music Home
Hello;

I just tested the userTrack with Bib2023
and I have a generated wav, but when I reload the UserTrak, Band in a box saturates the wav !

when it was written on the disc it is correct! I was able to reload it in my multitrack software (Samplitude), then I resaved with this software the Wav, and this time Bans in a Box was able to use it as it should be!

I think that the routine of loading of the Wav of the UserTrack is bugged! fortunately the routine of safeguard, functions, what it allowed me to recover my Wav in Samplitude... and to correct it

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I'm not aware of a scenario where Band-in-a-Box would modify the .wav file saved in the UserTracks folder. Can you describe your workflow in more detail?
Not sure if I understand, but what it seems like the most common issue is Biab saves the wav to 32bit and when it plays back it's "saturates" with distortion.
Try and replace the 32bit .wav with a 16bit 44.1 Khz .wav
Posted By: Dobro13 Re: crash User track avec Band in a box 2023 - 01/25/23 08:31 AM
yes, that's the problem, I will try your solution, thank you
Posted By: Dobro13 Re: crash User track avec Band in a box 2023 - 01/25/23 09:13 AM
well the problem is that by Band in a Box, I can't change the number of sampling bits

my sound card is a SteinBerg UR22 which is by default set in 24 bits

with my multitrack "Magix Samplitude", I have a setting to switch to 16 bits, but this setting is not available in Band in a Box !

Posted By: Dobro13 Re: crash User track avec Band in a box 2023 - 01/25/23 09:57 AM
for info, here is what I get before my correction by Amplitude (by opening/rewriting)

Quote:
well the problem is that by Band in a Box, I can't change the number of sampling bits

my sound card is a SteinBerg UR22 which is by default set in 24 bits

with my multitrack "Magix Samplitude", I have a setting to switch to 16 bits, but this setting is not available in Band in a Box !

Yes I understand the problem now. Band-in-a-Box requires 44.1KHz/16bit wave files for all RealTracks including UserTracks. If you have an Audio track in BIAB that you want to use for a UserTracks, you can render the file and select 44.1/16. Here is one way:

1. Solo the audio track.
2. Go to Audio menu | Export song as audio file. Make sure sample rate and bit depth are set correctly, and Render.
Posted By: Dobro13 Re: crash User track avec Band in a box 2023 - 01/25/23 03:49 PM
OK, I'll try that, thanks a lot smile
© PG Music Forums