PG Music Home
Posted By: vibrogroove Blues Rhumba - 03/14/17 04:18 PM
All good blues bands have at least 1 or 2 tunes in this style. "Just a little Bit" may be the best known tune. Several musicians have recorded "Just a Little Bit". In 1965, Roy Head had a Top 40 pop hit with the song and when Little Milton recorded it in 1969 (Checker 1217), it reached number 13 in the R&B chart and number 97 in the pop chart.[10] Other recordings include: Them (for their 1965 album The Angry Young Them); Etta James (1967 Tell Mama); Magic Sam (1968 Black Magic); Elvis Presley (1973 Raised on Rock/For Ol' Times Sake); Rory Gallagher (1973 Tattoo). Jerry Lee Lewis (1974 Southern Roots); Slade (1974 Old New Borrowed and Blue); The Animals (1977 Before We Were So Rudely Interrupted); Joe Louis Walker (1990 Live at Slim's, Vol. 2); and Johnny Winter (1997 Live in NYC '97). Steve Miller on 2 albums, etc.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Blues Rhumba - 03/14/17 08:50 PM
Forgive me but ... blues rhumba is a genre or song style, isn't it? I searched but could not find references to any song named Blues Rhumba.

Perhaps this post should be reposted in the ++ Styles and RealTracks Wishlist forum section ++ . That way other forum members will have a better opportunity to read your post and to add their support if they agree.

The Band-in-a-Box stylepicker has a database of song titles. It references the database to help you select styles by searching on styles that can be used to create covers of well known songs. That way, if you are creating a song and the song "sounds kind of like" a well known song the database will recommend styles that can be used to create a cover of the well known song.

The song database includes about 8,000 song titles. This space is to suggest song titles that presently are not in the song database.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Blues Rhumba - 03/21/17 11:58 AM
Hey Jim, blues rhumba is new to me. Got anything I can listen to in that style? I'm having a hard time imagining that!
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Blues Rhumba - 03/21/17 05:22 PM
Matt,

I've just been trying to figure out what vibrogroove is suggesting. I'm certain it is not a song title but beyond that, I'm lost.
Posted By: mark.ogier Re: Blues Rhumba - 09/22/18 05:03 AM
Take a listen to
Help the Poor by BB King & Eric Clapton. On the album Riding with the King.
Great song
Cheers
Mark
It appears that this thread should be moved to the +++ Styles and RealTracks Wishlist +++.

Hopefully a moderator will see this and move the thread to the correct forum location.
© PG Music Forums