PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul I've got the Blues and it's Jazzy - 07/29/17 01:42 PM
I wrote this song about four mounths ago using nothing but the Real Tracks inside Band-in0a-Box. I wanted this to be a jazzy blues song but it ended up being a country blues type song you might hear in a bar. Here is the link to the song.

https://soundcloud.com/island-soul-productions/ive-got-the-blues-and-its-jazzy-without-bass
Posted By: bluage Re: I've got the Blues and it's Jazzy - 08/03/17 02:37 PM
Hey, there, "Islansoul"...

I can't identify chord types by ear, but my ears know what I like! The "changes" in "I've Got The Blues, And It's Jazzy" are bluesy, yes, but not in a sorrowful, or mournful way. I found them actually soothing. The tone, or feel of the song, makes me think it could describe a musical portrait of someone who's been dragged down by the "blues", but now is coming out of them and into the light of relief from whatever brought him/her down. In fact, it's got something close to an old-time gospel feel to it.

I can understand how the song morphed from "jazzy" to "country" blues. Your statement that it "ended up being a country blues type song you might hear in a bar" was right-on! It was easy for me to imagine a couple embracing each other on the dance floor just before the nearly-empty bar closed for the night, their eyes closed, their movements slow, not actually dancing, really, but each of them just enjoying the contact of their bodies and the feel of the music.

I can't wait to read/hear the lyrics for this song, if any are forthcoming. Good luck with the contest, "Islansoul!"

Sincerely,

LOREN
Posted By: Island Soul Re: I've got the Blues and it's Jazzy - 08/04/17 11:53 AM
I pictured it as being sort of a country jazz based on the Real Tracks I chose at the time. I am planning on redoing the song to give it a real jazz blue type feel.
Posted By: bluage Re: I've got the Blues and it's Jazzy - 08/04/17 09:09 PM
"Islansoul"...

Cool. I'll be listening for it.

Sincerely,

LOREN
© PG Music Forums